I wish to add my voice vehemently to those that believe it is time to ban military-style assault weapons. "Assault weapons were developed for the U.S. military, not commercial gun manufactures", said Joe Lieberman.
The school shooting in Connecticut is the tipping point that demands rapid action by our lawmakers. I am asking for the banning of assault weapons, not individual hand guns that are used for self defense. Nothing can justify the delay.
The conversation as to curtailing our liberties or changing our culture of violence in the process must also begin, but the emergency, obviously, is about the elimination of weapons that in society are only used for mass casualties.
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- David Blankenhorn: Berlin boasts a wise use...
- Letter: Police not the problem
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- In our opinion: Utah sees improvement in...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 57
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 38
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 34
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30