I wish to add my voice vehemently to those that believe it is time to ban military-style assault weapons. "Assault weapons were developed for the U.S. military, not commercial gun manufactures", said Joe Lieberman.
The school shooting in Connecticut is the tipping point that demands rapid action by our lawmakers. I am asking for the banning of assault weapons, not individual hand guns that are used for self defense. Nothing can justify the delay.
The conversation as to curtailing our liberties or changing our culture of violence in the process must also begin, but the emergency, obviously, is about the elimination of weapons that in society are only used for mass casualties.
- Greg Bell: Too many steering wheels in Utah's...
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the result...
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0
- In our opinion: Inconsistency in school test...
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Letter: Buy American