I wish to add my voice vehemently to those that believe it is time to ban military-style assault weapons. "Assault weapons were developed for the U.S. military, not commercial gun manufactures", said Joe Lieberman.
The school shooting in Connecticut is the tipping point that demands rapid action by our lawmakers. I am asking for the banning of assault weapons, not individual hand guns that are used for self defense. Nothing can justify the delay.
The conversation as to curtailing our liberties or changing our culture of violence in the process must also begin, but the emergency, obviously, is about the elimination of weapons that in society are only used for mass casualties.
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- In our opinion: Let FAA, not Utah...
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 104
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 100
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 66
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 45
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 39
- A. Scott Anderson: Energy development... 32
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 28