In the tragedy of what happened Dec. 14, we are hearing so much talk now about gun control. Please know, guns do not kill people; people kill people.
When people don't care about themselves, how can you expect them to care about others? Why can't we see that the breakdown of families, the incessant violence that our children are watching at younger and younger ages and the isolation that comes from electronic devices are contributing to the breakdown of caring for other people.
My heart aches for all those affected by this tragedy. I hope we will look to see what we can do in our own families to strengthen our children, teach them correct principles and teach them to learn how to say no.
North Salt Lake
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- In our opinion: After change to state pension...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Letter: Methane benefits
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 62
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 45
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 38
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 22