In the tragedy of what happened Dec. 14, we are hearing so much talk now about gun control. Please know, guns do not kill people; people kill people.
When people don't care about themselves, how can you expect them to care about others? Why can't we see that the breakdown of families, the incessant violence that our children are watching at younger and younger ages and the isolation that comes from electronic devices are contributing to the breakdown of caring for other people.
My heart aches for all those affected by this tragedy. I hope we will look to see what we can do in our own families to strengthen our children, teach them correct principles and teach them to learn how to say no.
North Salt Lake
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the federal...
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize...
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Letter: Prison nonsense
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Letter: Could Draper shine, too?
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 30
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 21
- Letter: Pay for your share 21
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21