In the tragedy of what happened Dec. 14, we are hearing so much talk now about gun control. Please know, guns do not kill people; people kill people.
When people don't care about themselves, how can you expect them to care about others? Why can't we see that the breakdown of families, the incessant violence that our children are watching at younger and younger ages and the isolation that comes from electronic devices are contributing to the breakdown of caring for other people.
My heart aches for all those affected by this tragedy. I hope we will look to see what we can do in our own families to strengthen our children, teach them correct principles and teach them to learn how to say no.
North Salt Lake
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Letter: Envision Utah scam
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 69
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 45
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 45
- Letter: Human body 41
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 40
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 35
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 24
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 19