In the tragedy of what happened Dec. 14, we are hearing so much talk now about gun control. Please know, guns do not kill people; people kill people.
When people don't care about themselves, how can you expect them to care about others? Why can't we see that the breakdown of families, the incessant violence that our children are watching at younger and younger ages and the isolation that comes from electronic devices are contributing to the breakdown of caring for other people.
My heart aches for all those affected by this tragedy. I hope we will look to see what we can do in our own families to strengthen our children, teach them correct principles and teach them to learn how to say no.
North Salt Lake
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 35
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 30
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 27
- My view: More whites should practice... 22
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 21
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 16
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice... 13