In the tragedy of what happened Dec. 14, we are hearing so much talk now about gun control. Please know, guns do not kill people; people kill people.
When people don't care about themselves, how can you expect them to care about others? Why can't we see that the breakdown of families, the incessant violence that our children are watching at younger and younger ages and the isolation that comes from electronic devices are contributing to the breakdown of caring for other people.
My heart aches for all those affected by this tragedy. I hope we will look to see what we can do in our own families to strengthen our children, teach them correct principles and teach them to learn how to say no.
North Salt Lake
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- Robert Bennett: With public trust waning,...
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Top scandals and controversies of each US...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How will...
- About Utah: Without fanfare, the National...
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- Dan Liljenquist: Chaffetz's search for... 85
- Letters: No welfare, ever 51
- My view: Climate argument is shortsighted 35
- Letters: Deception and government 31
- Letter: The real death panel:... 29
- In our opinion: Reduce the legal... 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Letters: Paycheck Fairness Act 20