David Goldman, AP
There has been yet another heartbreaking act of violence. Immediately, the dialogue turns to gun control, as if that is the answer to the problem.
Outward control cannot heal a heart filled with rage. When millions flock to the latest violent movie and contention sells on the airwaves, we have only ourselves to blame.
We must heal our hearts first. Then society will change by itself.
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- Government works best when it's not on autopilot
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Iowa caucus...
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 51
- Is it time for our first woman president? 41
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 20
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- Letter: Leave public land alone 14
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 14
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13