David Goldman, AP
There has been yet another heartbreaking act of violence. Immediately, the dialogue turns to gun control, as if that is the answer to the problem.
Outward control cannot heal a heart filled with rage. When millions flock to the latest violent movie and contention sells on the airwaves, we have only ourselves to blame.
We must heal our hearts first. Then society will change by itself.
- In our opinion: Tragedy in Aleppo should...
- My view: Waste, fraud in education hammering...
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the bathroom
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics and...
- Letter: Where's the action?
- Letter: BYU in a conference?
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 70
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 19
- Letter: Where's the action? 17