David Goldman, AP
There has been yet another heartbreaking act of violence. Immediately, the dialogue turns to gun control, as if that is the answer to the problem.
Outward control cannot heal a heart filled with rage. When millions flock to the latest violent movie and contention sells on the airwaves, we have only ourselves to blame.
We must heal our hearts first. Then society will change by itself.
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid with a...
- My view: Women’s equality — 95...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- Letter: 20th-century achievements
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do with...
- Letter: Appalling attitude 84
- George F. Will: Immigration-related... 57
- Letter: Big money in politics 44
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 43
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 39
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 38
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 34