David Goldman, AP
There has been yet another heartbreaking act of violence. Immediately, the dialogue turns to gun control, as if that is the answer to the problem.
Outward control cannot heal a heart filled with rage. When millions flock to the latest violent movie and contention sells on the airwaves, we have only ourselves to blame.
We must heal our hearts first. Then society will change by itself.
- Letter: What this issue is really about
- In our opinion: Thankfully speaking —...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Hospitality...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Sea turtles and...
- In our opinion: Fear, intentions can result...
- Letter: King Obama
- Drew Clark: Interfaith conference at Vatican...
- Letter: Speak kind words
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 74
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 53
- Letter: Acting on immigration 51
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 46
- Letter: King Obama 33
- Letter: What this issue is really about 30
- My view: Global warming needs free market 27