WASHINGTON — The office of Sen. Daniel Inouye says the Medal of Honor recipient and 50-year veteran of the Senate has died of respiratory complications at a Washington-area hospital.
The 88-year-old Inouye was the longest serving senator and was president pro tempore of the Senate, third in the line presidential succession. He died Monday.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid announced Inouye's death on the Senate floor.
- California orders churches, others to pay for...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- 2 dead in shooting attack at Canada's Parliament
- US: IS earns $1M per day in black market oil...
- Chairman of Becket Fund for Religious Liberty...
- #ThrowbackThursday: Why do we love the '90s?
- Threat to break isolation in Liberia over food
- White House fence jumper charged with assault
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 114
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex... 22
- California orders churches, others to... 21
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 18
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- This type of high school can increase... 8
- Kerry: 'Irresponsible' not to aid Kurds... 7
- Chairman of Becket Fund for Religious... 7