WASHINGTON — The office of Sen. Daniel Inouye says the Medal of Honor recipient and 50-year veteran of the Senate has died of respiratory complications at a Washington-area hospital.
The 88-year-old Inouye was the longest serving senator and was president pro tempore of the Senate, third in the line presidential succession. He died Monday.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid announced Inouye's death on the Senate floor.
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Grieving borrowers told to repay student loan
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan's affirmative...
- Utah bank confirms that Ghanaian mining...
- Costa Rican a celebrity after certified miracle
- Justin Bieber apologizes for Japan war shrine...
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering...
- Photo gallery: Celebrating Easter across the...
- Affordable Care Act only chips away at... 26
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan's... 23
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 18
- Judge: Indiana hasn't given valid... 15
- Vegas’ water drying up 13
- Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in... 12
- Some countries get Obama, but want his... 11
- Democrats eye 15 cities for 2016... 10