Laura Seitz, Laura Seitz, Deseret News
A day or two ago, my husband and I entertained his cousins who have recently been transferred here. One of the cousins worked in Iraq and Afghanistan for several years before being transferred to Arizona. He now works in Draper and she is taking finals from the University of Arizona.
They were surprised at what they saw when they arrived and said Utah is booming. I told them it was due to the hard work and diligence of our Gov. Gary Herbert in bringing new business and industry to Utah. They said that the rest of the country is in bad shape — many businesses boarded up, malls vacant and towns/cities very distressed. I'm really grateful for Gov. Herbert.
They are now living in a highrise condo in downtown Salt Lake and they praised the city for its cleanliness, beauty and vibrancy. In my opinion, the credit for that goes to the LDS Church, the people who keep the city clean, nice restaurants and various types of entertainment.
I love Utah and appreciate the people who are keeping it a good place to live.
Loa Don Glade
Salt Lake City
- NYT Opinion: Embracing evangelical...
- Jay Evensen: Why the pioneers give us hope today
- George F. Will: GOP minds are at sea —...
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding Melania...
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the heavy...
- In our opinion: An unsatisfying resolution to...
- Letter: Lead on Social Security
- Letter: Delegates are dividing
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding... 40
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Letter: Delegates are dividing 23
- Letter: Let feds take over 23
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- Letter: Lead on Social Security 20
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the... 18