Laura Seitz, Laura Seitz, Deseret News
A day or two ago, my husband and I entertained his cousins who have recently been transferred here. One of the cousins worked in Iraq and Afghanistan for several years before being transferred to Arizona. He now works in Draper and she is taking finals from the University of Arizona.
They were surprised at what they saw when they arrived and said Utah is booming. I told them it was due to the hard work and diligence of our Gov. Gary Herbert in bringing new business and industry to Utah. They said that the rest of the country is in bad shape — many businesses boarded up, malls vacant and towns/cities very distressed. I'm really grateful for Gov. Herbert.
They are now living in a highrise condo in downtown Salt Lake and they praised the city for its cleanliness, beauty and vibrancy. In my opinion, the credit for that goes to the LDS Church, the people who keep the city clean, nice restaurants and various types of entertainment.
I love Utah and appreciate the people who are keeping it a good place to live.
Loa Don Glade
Salt Lake City
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Can Hollywood keep the faith in faith-based...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Letter: Outdated climate
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 69
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 64
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 46
- Letter: Breeding hate 45
- Letter: Policy disagreement 37
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 32