I think one can argue that there is not much difference between what a lobbyist does and an outright bribe. Law enforcement officers are told not to accept free meals, tickets to entertainment events, etc., as it has the appearance of impropriety.
Sen. Orrin Hatch has received big bucks from drug companies in his seven campaign races. Does he always favor drug companies in his votes? Yes!
Many of our former Utah legislators become lobbyists. They do so because they know the effect lobbyists had on them and they feel they have the inside track because of their past association and friendships with current legislators.
Let's watch out and hope the fall of the Roman Empire taught us a lesson.
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 34
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 27
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 26
- My view: More whites should practice... 22
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 18
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 16
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice... 13