WEST VALLEY CITY — The Alaska Aces defeated the Utah Grizzlies 2-1 in a shootout Saturday.
Alaska won the shootout 2-0 as they scored in the first two rounds and Alaska goaltender Mark Guggenberger denied all four Utah attempts.
The Grizzlies fell behind 1-0 in the second period, but tied it with 49 seconds left in the game as Brad Mills hacked in his team-leading 13th goal of the year.
"To be honest, that's the most enjoyable game I've been a part of this year," said Grizzlies coach Kevin Colley.
3 FORWARDS JOIN TEAM: The AHL's Abbotsford Heat, an affiliate with the NHL's Calgary Flames, sent down Michael Ferland, a 20-year-old rookie, Adam Estoclet, 23, is in his second full pro season, and David Eddy, 23, signed with Calgary on Aug. 1.
SCHULTZ FINED, SUSPENDED: The Grizzlies Ian Schultz has been suspended for one game and fined an undisclosed amount as a result of his actions in Friday's game.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25