WEST VALLEY CITY — The Alaska Aces defeated the Utah Grizzlies 2-1 in a shootout Saturday.
Alaska won the shootout 2-0 as they scored in the first two rounds and Alaska goaltender Mark Guggenberger denied all four Utah attempts.
The Grizzlies fell behind 1-0 in the second period, but tied it with 49 seconds left in the game as Brad Mills hacked in his team-leading 13th goal of the year.
"To be honest, that's the most enjoyable game I've been a part of this year," said Grizzlies coach Kevin Colley.
3 FORWARDS JOIN TEAM: The AHL's Abbotsford Heat, an affiliate with the NHL's Calgary Flames, sent down Michael Ferland, a 20-year-old rookie, Adam Estoclet, 23, is in his second full pro season, and David Eddy, 23, signed with Calgary on Aug. 1.
SCHULTZ FINED, SUSPENDED: The Grizzlies Ian Schultz has been suspended for one game and fined an undisclosed amount as a result of his actions in Friday's game.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars held...
- BYU jumps into national spotlight after big...
- Holmoe assesses the state of the program as...
- Skyler Halford helps key BYU's late-season...
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- High school boys basketball: Manti stuns...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 102
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 84
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 76
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 64
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29