WEST VALLEY CITY — The Alaska Aces defeated the Utah Grizzlies 2-1 in a shootout Saturday.
Alaska won the shootout 2-0 as they scored in the first two rounds and Alaska goaltender Mark Guggenberger denied all four Utah attempts.
The Grizzlies fell behind 1-0 in the second period, but tied it with 49 seconds left in the game as Brad Mills hacked in his team-leading 13th goal of the year.
"To be honest, that's the most enjoyable game I've been a part of this year," said Grizzlies coach Kevin Colley.
3 FORWARDS JOIN TEAM: The AHL's Abbotsford Heat, an affiliate with the NHL's Calgary Flames, sent down Michael Ferland, a 20-year-old rookie, Adam Estoclet, 23, is in his second full pro season, and David Eddy, 23, signed with Calgary on Aug. 1.
SCHULTZ FINED, SUSPENDED: The Grizzlies Ian Schultz has been suspended for one game and fined an undisclosed amount as a result of his actions in Friday's game.
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- 4A boys state tournament central: Live...
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- Brad Rock: Utes have something to brag about...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 82
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 56
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 39
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30