WEST VALLEY CITY — The Alaska Aces defeated the Utah Grizzlies 2-1 in a shootout Saturday.
Alaska won the shootout 2-0 as they scored in the first two rounds and Alaska goaltender Mark Guggenberger denied all four Utah attempts.
The Grizzlies fell behind 1-0 in the second period, but tied it with 49 seconds left in the game as Brad Mills hacked in his team-leading 13th goal of the year.
"To be honest, that's the most enjoyable game I've been a part of this year," said Grizzlies coach Kevin Colley.
3 FORWARDS JOIN TEAM: The AHL's Abbotsford Heat, an affiliate with the NHL's Calgary Flames, sent down Michael Ferland, a 20-year-old rookie, Adam Estoclet, 23, is in his second full pro season, and David Eddy, 23, signed with Calgary on Aug. 1.
SCHULTZ FINED, SUSPENDED: The Grizzlies Ian Schultz has been suspended for one game and fined an undisclosed amount as a result of his actions in Friday's game.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19