WEST VALLEY CITY — The Alaska Aces defeated the Utah Grizzlies 2-1 in a shootout Saturday.
Alaska won the shootout 2-0 as they scored in the first two rounds and Alaska goaltender Mark Guggenberger denied all four Utah attempts.
The Grizzlies fell behind 1-0 in the second period, but tied it with 49 seconds left in the game as Brad Mills hacked in his team-leading 13th goal of the year.
"To be honest, that's the most enjoyable game I've been a part of this year," said Grizzlies coach Kevin Colley.
3 FORWARDS JOIN TEAM: The AHL's Abbotsford Heat, an affiliate with the NHL's Calgary Flames, sent down Michael Ferland, a 20-year-old rookie, Adam Estoclet, 23, is in his second full pro season, and David Eddy, 23, signed with Calgary on Aug. 1.
SCHULTZ FINED, SUSPENDED: The Grizzlies Ian Schultz has been suspended for one game and fined an undisclosed amount as a result of his actions in Friday's game.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16