School lunchrooms, now under the thumb of bureaucrats in far away offices in Washington, got word back that not everyone is the same. Legislators attempted to cap the number of calories for a school lunch at 850. Some of the athletes burn that up in a few hours, while a lightweight freshman girl may not even come close. So Michelle Obama's rules for lunch fell flat on their face when the bean-counters in Washington realized that some individuals might need more meat or more carbs than others and finally relented.
The really scary part is this is the kind of thinking behind the socialists' proposals to force us to be equal on nearly every level. Either feed a 210-pound athlete on the same food as a 95-pound kid or force feed the 95-pound kid with an athlete's diet.
These are supposedly grown adults and they don't realize from the onset that humans are individuals.
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 109
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 72
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 52
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 46
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 45
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45