WEST VALLEY CITY — The Alaska Aces defeated the Utah Grizzlies 5-4 Friday night at Maverik Center before 4,801 fans.
Utah took a 1-0 lead 20 seconds into the hockey game after Colin Vock took a trip 12 seconds into the contest. Riley Armstrong blasted home his first of two goals on the night with Mitch Wahl and Nick Tuzzolino picking up assists.
The Aces roared back with five straight goals with two in the first period and three in the second to take a 5-1 lead just past the halfway point of the game.
Utah started a three-goal rally with a Bryan Cameron power-play goal 16:17 into the second as he hammered home an Armstrong blast. Mitch Wahl picked up his eighth multiple-point game of the season with an assist on the play as well.
The Grizzlies made it 5-3 39 seconds into the third period on Armstrong's 10th of the year. Utah got within a goal with 6:23 left in regulation to make it 5-4 as Chris Donovan centered Gaelan Patterson for his first goal of the year.
The Grizzlies return home Saturday to host Alaska at 7:05 p.m. As part of the Grizzlies' toy drive, fans can save up to $5 when they bring a toy to the Maverik Center box office.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34