I feel compelled to write this letter in hopes that a certain Christmas shopper will read this and forgive me of my grinch-like ways.
The other day, I was walking through the Walmart parking lot in American Fork, and was pushing a cart with my toddler seated in it. As we were walking, a white car proceeded to back out of a parking spot and got a little too close for comfort.
Thankfully, I was looking and was able to quickly move out if the way without getting hit. I was already in a foul mood and for some reason this just was the straw that broke the camel's back. I threw up my hand with a less-than-Christian gesture and continued on my way.
However, to my shame, this driver pulled up next to me, rolled down her window and sincerely apologized. I felt awful. Before I could apologize for my stupidity, she drove away.
I fear I have lost a moment of apology and earnestly hope she is reading this letter and will accept my weak approach at apologizing. Please forgive me.
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 72
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 56
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 29
- Letter: Prison nonsense 27
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 25
- George F. Will: America’s welfare... 22