As the debate concerning taxing the rich continues in Washington, the Deseret News and other media jump at every opportunity to publish quotes from Warren Buffett when he advocates he and others of wealth should pay more or higher rates.
In most every instance, those in the media only provide half of such stories. They prove themselves of equal or greater hypocrisy by not including in such reporting that while Mr. Buffett advocates for higher taxes on the one hand, his company Berkshire Hathaway is and has been for many years battling with the Internal Revenue Service to avoid the federal taxes of more than $1 billion that IRS claims is owed.
Any story on the subject of taxes and Mr. Buffett's position thereon is misleading and dishonest unless both parts are included.
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult...
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach
- Letter: Utah's birthright
- My view: Utah's public education system:...
- Socratic observations — Politics are...
- Doug Robinson: So little time, so many...
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line...
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 55
- Letter: Learn the Constitution 52
- In our opinion: Explaining editorial... 44
- Letter: Utah's birthright 39
- John Florez: Corporate or public... 31
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 29
- Letter: Whole story 28
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 27