As the debate concerning taxing the rich continues in Washington, the Deseret News and other media jump at every opportunity to publish quotes from Warren Buffett when he advocates he and others of wealth should pay more or higher rates.
In most every instance, those in the media only provide half of such stories. They prove themselves of equal or greater hypocrisy by not including in such reporting that while Mr. Buffett advocates for higher taxes on the one hand, his company Berkshire Hathaway is and has been for many years battling with the Internal Revenue Service to avoid the federal taxes of more than $1 billion that IRS claims is owed.
Any story on the subject of taxes and Mr. Buffett's position thereon is misleading and dishonest unless both parts are included.
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- 3 modern Utah heroes who exemplify pioneer...
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 63
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 56
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 53
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 42
- Letter: Breeding hate 39