Photographer: Landon Densley, Photographer: Landon Densley
A calendar of LDS-themed holiday events from around the United States and Canada.
Pipe organ recital: James Welch Christmas Carol Arrangements Recital, Dec. 22, 7 p.m., 1501 Walnut St., Berkeley, Calif.
Washington, D.C., Temple Visitors' Center: Festival of Lights, through Jan. 1 (see www.mormon.org/dc )
Portland Ensign Choir and Orchestra: "Christmas through the Years" concerts, Dec. 15, 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Skyview High School's Performing Arts Auditorium (tickets required, PortlandEnsign.org )
Temple Square: Choral and musical groups will present at the Assembly Hall, North Visitor's Center, Church Office Building, Family History Library and Joseph Smith Memorial Building various days from through Dec. 23. (See www.lds.org/events and then click on Temple Square Performances for a completed list)
Conference Center: "Savior of the World," through Dec. 29, 7:30 p.m., Saturday matinees 2 p.m. (tickets required, www.lds.org/events )
Church History Museum: International Art Competition for Youth exhibit, through June 17, 45 North West Temple St. (see history.lds.org/artcompetition )
All listed times are local time unless otherwise noted. The Mormon Times calendar list for events in the United States and Canada are published on occasional Saturdays. To submit an event, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a contact name and phone number. Events are due noon Wednesday for Saturday's calendar.
- Self-assured, Kaine brings a steady hand to...
- California governor denies parole for Manson...
- 3 key takeaways from the latest report on...
- Picturing history: West Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Will this key line in Melania Trump's GOP...
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the 'most...
- Cookbook review: 'The Lion House Cookbook'...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: At times the people we...
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the... 48
- Defending the Faith: Two theological... 27
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this... 25
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4... 24
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at... 22
- Self-assured, Kaine brings a steady... 16
- Why many churches can't endorse... 13
- GOP platform: Plenty for evangelicals... 12