"It is a good spot for us to be in at this portion of the season," Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said. "It can carry forward and be a run that you get that you look back on at the end of the year and say, 'Well, this is where things started to turn for us.' "
The coach does like how things are shaping up — from the play of his starters to the bench production and from his players actions on the court to behind the scenes.
"I think we're right on schedule here. You can't make chemistry. It has to create itself and it's a process of doing that," Corbin said. "We're getting better. The chemistry's getting better. The feel in the locker room is getting better."
Corbin is encouraged that the feeling-out process — inevitable with new additions and ever-changing roles — is churning out positive results in December.
"It's amazing how good … this group is with each other," he said. "The more success we have, the more battles we go through and compete in together, they grow closer together, so it's great to see it happen."
It's especially great when it all comes together on a national stage against the Spurs like it did on ESPN late Wednesday night.
But where did it rank in Corbin's wins list?
"I'm so inundated in the next one," Corbin said, unable to come up with examples of comparable victories. "I'm thinking of Phoenix."
With San Antonio in the rearview mirror, this matchup with the Suns is the most important game of the season.
One game at a time is, no doubt, a Spursesque mantra the Jazz wouldn't mind adopting.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 61
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28