GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas Simeon senior Jabari Parker picked the date. Now Illinois' reigning Mr. Basketball said he has to pick the school.
Before a shootaround at Grand Prairie High School in Texas on Wednesday night, Parker said he's still not 100 percent certain which college he will orally commit to Dec. 20 at a 3 p.m. news conference at Simeon.
The 6-foot-8 forward, ranked the No. 2 recruit in the country by ESPN, previously narrowed his choices to BYU, Duke, Florida, Michigan State and Stanford.
"I still have doubts, so I'm not fully there. But I'll have it by that day," said Parker, who added he decided on the date two days ago.
"It's just a commitment. It's not like I'm signing. It still gives me room to make plans in case anything goes otherwise.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- 5 things to ponder as the Aggies head to fall...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 107
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 53
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 42
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21