GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas Simeon senior Jabari Parker picked the date. Now Illinois' reigning Mr. Basketball said he has to pick the school.
Before a shootaround at Grand Prairie High School in Texas on Wednesday night, Parker said he's still not 100 percent certain which college he will orally commit to Dec. 20 at a 3 p.m. news conference at Simeon.
The 6-foot-8 forward, ranked the No. 2 recruit in the country by ESPN, previously narrowed his choices to BYU, Duke, Florida, Michigan State and Stanford.
"I still have doubts, so I'm not fully there. But I'll have it by that day," said Parker, who added he decided on the date two days ago.
"It's just a commitment. It's not like I'm signing. It still gives me room to make plans in case anything goes otherwise.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24