Kathleen Parker: President Obama ought to speak out on the need for two-parent families
And the president has taken steps to keep promises related to fatherhood. He created a task force, took a pledge and upgraded a fatherhood website. "The President's Fatherhood Pledge," featured on the National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse under the auspices of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, basically renews commitment to family and community.
Not much pain there. This is like saying, "I like dogs and promise not to run over any — on purpose."
A nice gesture, perhaps, but nothing like the power of words: Men, be men. Marry the mother of your children. Be a father to the children you sire. Go home and stay there.
No one could say these things better than Barack Obama. Perhaps in a second term ...
Kathleen Parker's email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- Nelson Mandela left legacy of freedom and faith
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 42
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 33
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 16
- About Utah: His business is fun, games... 15