EPHRAIM — Four student-athletes from Utah are among the six Snow College football players named to the NJCAA All-America football team. Three Badgers were named to the first team, one to the second team, and two named honorable mention.
"We are thrilled for the six men who garnered All-American recognition," said head coach Tyler Hughes. "They have represented our program well and have had incredible seasons."
Those named to the first team include Breon Allen (running back, Christian Warner HS, Daytona Beach, Fla.); Justin Manu (offensive line, Highland HS, Salt Lake City); and Ofa Hautau (defensive line, East HS, Salt Lake City). Named to the second team was Chris Van Orden (punter, East, Salt Lake City). Honorable mention nods went to Damond Powell (wide receiver, Toledo Rogers HS, Toledo, Ohio) and Jake Miller (defensive line, Bear River HS, Tremonton, Utah). All the Badgers named are sophomores.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- Skyler Halford helps key BYU's late-season...
- Layton steps up big late to secure a 48-46...
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- 5A boys state tournament roundup: Layton...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 84
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 79
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 46
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29