PROVO — BYU's Haley Steed was awarded three player-of-the-week honors for the week ending Dec. 8. She was named the women's WCC and ESPN player of the week, and the High Major Conference player of the week by CollegeSportsMadness.com.
Steed, a 5-foot-4 guard from Syracuse, Utah, scored 44 points in two games helping the Cougars beat in-state rivals Utah State and Utah.
For the week, Steed averaged 22.0 points, 5.0 rebounds and 7.6 assists while shooting 47 percent from the field and 50 percent from the free throw line and from 3-point range.
She's the team's fourth-leading scorer (9.1 ppg) and is at the top of the leader board in both assists and steals with a total of 67 and 20, respectively.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22