Robin Buckson, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Once again, the Deseret News editorial board throws out the word "compromise" as the only logical, mature and reasonable way for our politicians to resolve the government's fiscal deficit problems. And note it is the Republicans that are blamed for not wanting to compromise, not the Democrats.
How do you think this country got into this dilemma in the first place? The conservative Republicans, once they get into office, compromise far too much with the Democrats who want to control, dictate to, enslave and create a voting bloc of dependent citizens. And as is evident, the liberal media pushes them to do so.
It would be nice if some righteous principles were adhered to, and fiscal conservatism and the free enterprise system were promoted instead of a destructive socialistic and nanny-state system.
That is how our nation started out and why it became great.
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- Join the discussion: Is it impossible... 32