Robin Buckson, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Once again, the Deseret News editorial board throws out the word "compromise" as the only logical, mature and reasonable way for our politicians to resolve the government's fiscal deficit problems. And note it is the Republicans that are blamed for not wanting to compromise, not the Democrats.
How do you think this country got into this dilemma in the first place? The conservative Republicans, once they get into office, compromise far too much with the Democrats who want to control, dictate to, enslave and create a voting bloc of dependent citizens. And as is evident, the liberal media pushes them to do so.
It would be nice if some righteous principles were adhered to, and fiscal conservatism and the free enterprise system were promoted instead of a destructive socialistic and nanny-state system.
That is how our nation started out and why it became great.
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results, religion...
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually can make...
- Dan Liljenquist: Utah Retirement System audit...
- Letter: Put people in control
- National debt not just financial issue...
- In Our Opinion: Hatch-Cardin bill to make...
- Richard Davis: The million-dollar question...
- Letter: Beware of barbecued bugs
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results,... 50
- Richard Davis: The million-dollar... 48
- Letter: Solar surcharge 34
- In our opinion: Study cites excessive... 32
- In our opinion: Teacher evaluations a... 30
- Michael Gerson: Republicans should... 30
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually... 28
- Letter: Keep it simple 27