Robin Buckson, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Once again, the Deseret News editorial board throws out the word "compromise" as the only logical, mature and reasonable way for our politicians to resolve the government's fiscal deficit problems. And note it is the Republicans that are blamed for not wanting to compromise, not the Democrats.
How do you think this country got into this dilemma in the first place? The conservative Republicans, once they get into office, compromise far too much with the Democrats who want to control, dictate to, enslave and create a voting bloc of dependent citizens. And as is evident, the liberal media pushes them to do so.
It would be nice if some righteous principles were adhered to, and fiscal conservatism and the free enterprise system were promoted instead of a destructive socialistic and nanny-state system.
That is how our nation started out and why it became great.
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 36
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 27
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 24
- Letter: No limits 20
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 19