Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors practices, will be game-time decision Wednesday
SALT LAKE CITY — After missing the last five games with a nagging foot injury, Utah Jazz forward Derrick Favors is practicing again and could play Wednesday night against San Antonio.
Favors has been suffering from plantar fasciitis, missing all five games this month after putting up with some pain for a few games before that. Jazz officials are calling it a "game-time decision" for the home game with the Spurs.
"I went through a workout yesterday and it feels a lot better," Favors said prior to Tuesday morning's practice. "It's been frustrating. It's hard staying back in the locker room watching the team play. It's just something I've had to deal with."
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said Favors almost played Sunday night against the Lakers, but because the team didn't get enough time on the floor before the game and because Favors felt some "discomfort" in his foot, he was held out.
"We'll see today," Corbin said. "He had a day of treatment yesterday and has a chance to get on the floor today. We want to make sure everybody is healthy before we get them back out on the floor."
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 114
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 30
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20