Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors practices, will be game-time decision Wednesday
SALT LAKE CITY — After missing the last five games with a nagging foot injury, Utah Jazz forward Derrick Favors is practicing again and could play Wednesday night against San Antonio.
Favors has been suffering from plantar fasciitis, missing all five games this month after putting up with some pain for a few games before that. Jazz officials are calling it a "game-time decision" for the home game with the Spurs.
"I went through a workout yesterday and it feels a lot better," Favors said prior to Tuesday morning's practice. "It's been frustrating. It's hard staying back in the locker room watching the team play. It's just something I've had to deal with."
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said Favors almost played Sunday night against the Lakers, but because the team didn't get enough time on the floor before the game and because Favors felt some "discomfort" in his foot, he was held out.
"We'll see today," Corbin said. "He had a day of treatment yesterday and has a chance to get on the floor today. We want to make sure everybody is healthy before we get them back out on the floor."
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- 5 things to ponder as the Aggies head to fall...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 107
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 53
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 42
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21