SALT LAKE CITY — After missing the last five games with a nagging foot injury, Utah Jazz forward Derrick Favors is practicing again and could play Wednesday night against San Antonio.
Favors has been suffering from plantar fasciitis, missing all five games this month after putting up with some pain for a few games before that. Jazz officials are calling it a "game-time decision" for the home game with the Spurs.
"I went through a workout yesterday and it feels a lot better," Favors said prior to Tuesday morning's practice. "It's been frustrating. It's hard staying back in the locker room watching the team play. It's just something I've had to deal with."
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said Favors almost played Sunday night against the Lakers, but because the team didn't get enough time on the floor before the game and because Favors felt some "discomfort" in his foot, he was held out.
"We'll see today," Corbin said. "He had a day of treatment yesterday and has a chance to get on the floor today. We want to make sure everybody is healthy before we get them back out on the floor."
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27