Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors practices, will be game-time decision Wednesday
SALT LAKE CITY — After missing the last five games with a nagging foot injury, Utah Jazz forward Derrick Favors is practicing again and could play Wednesday night against San Antonio.
Favors has been suffering from plantar fasciitis, missing all five games this month after putting up with some pain for a few games before that. Jazz officials are calling it a "game-time decision" for the home game with the Spurs.
"I went through a workout yesterday and it feels a lot better," Favors said prior to Tuesday morning's practice. "It's been frustrating. It's hard staying back in the locker room watching the team play. It's just something I've had to deal with."
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said Favors almost played Sunday night against the Lakers, but because the team didn't get enough time on the floor before the game and because Favors felt some "discomfort" in his foot, he was held out.
"We'll see today," Corbin said. "He had a day of treatment yesterday and has a chance to get on the floor today. We want to make sure everybody is healthy before we get them back out on the floor."
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37