Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors practices, will be game-time decision Wednesday
SALT LAKE CITY — After missing the last five games with a nagging foot injury, Utah Jazz forward Derrick Favors is practicing again and could play Wednesday night against San Antonio.
Favors has been suffering from plantar fasciitis, missing all five games this month after putting up with some pain for a few games before that. Jazz officials are calling it a "game-time decision" for the home game with the Spurs.
"I went through a workout yesterday and it feels a lot better," Favors said prior to Tuesday morning's practice. "It's been frustrating. It's hard staying back in the locker room watching the team play. It's just something I've had to deal with."
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said Favors almost played Sunday night against the Lakers, but because the team didn't get enough time on the floor before the game and because Favors felt some "discomfort" in his foot, he was held out.
"We'll see today," Corbin said. "He had a day of treatment yesterday and has a chance to get on the floor today. We want to make sure everybody is healthy before we get them back out on the floor."
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU running back Adam Hine enjoying Miami...
- Jazz center Rudy Gobert gets pushy with...
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in University...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 45
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 40
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25