The 30-year-old Jacobs has just five carries for 7 yards while playing in only two games with the NFC West-leading Niners (9-3-1). He spent his first seven NFL seasons with the New York Giants and has called this his "worst" year.
In recent days, he posted a series of photos of himself playing for the Giants — and even a picture of his two Super Bowl championship rings.
"I am on this team rotting away so why would I wanna put any pics up of anything that say niners," Jacobs said in an Instagram post Saturday. "This is by far the worst year I ever had."
BILLS' RB JACKSON LOST FOR SEASON: Buffalo Bills running back Fred Jackson will miss the remainder of the season with a sprained ligament in his right knee.
Coach Chan Gailey said Monday that Jackson is expected to miss from 3-5 weeks. And that won't be enough time to recover considering the Bills (5-8) have only three games left and have all but mathematically been eliminated from playoff contention.
Jackson was hurt on a 2-yard run in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 15-12 loss to St. Louis. He won't require surgery after being diagnosed with a Grade 2 sprain to his MCL.
COWBOYS MAY BE WITHOUT BRYANT: The Dallas Cowboys might be without wide receiver Dez Bryant for their playoff push. Bryant injured his left index finger in an emotional 20-19 victory over Cincinnati on Sunday. Dallas coach Jason Garrett said Monday that Bryant was still being evaluated. Bryant re-entered the game after sustaining the injury and caught a touchdown pass in the fourth quarter for the Cowboys (7-6).
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28