ANCHORAGE, Alaska — The Utah Grizzlies defeated the Alaska Aces 2-1 Monday evening to split the four-game series against the best team in the ECHL.
Utah is the only ECHL team this year to win at Sullivan Arena.
Utah rookie goaltender Grant Rollheiser improved to 5-3-0-1 with the win as he stopped 26 of 27 shots in the game, including 14 of 15 in the third period.
Josh Burrows gave Utah a 1-0 lead 6:09 into the second period as Ian Schultz forced a turnover in the Alaska end and Gaelan Patterson and Nick Tuzzolino setup the shot from the blueline.
In the third, Brad Mills ripped home his team-leading 12th goal of the year as he walked into the slot on the power-play. Tuzzolino and Mitch Wahl added assists as Wahl extended his scoring streak to seven games (two goals, 12 assists).
Alaska got on the board with 5:49 left in regulation with a goal by NHL'er Joey Crabb.
Utah now heads home for eight straight games and 13 of their next 16 contests after starting the year with 14 of their first 22 games on the road.
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- BYU football: Ranking the most important...
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- Cougars looking for special season with...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- BYU football: With opener one week away,...
- BYU football position preview: The...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 82
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 61
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 26
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 26
- Morning links: Can Cougars snap... 25