ANCHORAGE, Alaska — The Utah Grizzlies defeated the Alaska Aces 2-1 Monday evening to split the four-game series against the best team in the ECHL.
Utah is the only ECHL team this year to win at Sullivan Arena.
Utah rookie goaltender Grant Rollheiser improved to 5-3-0-1 with the win as he stopped 26 of 27 shots in the game, including 14 of 15 in the third period.
Josh Burrows gave Utah a 1-0 lead 6:09 into the second period as Ian Schultz forced a turnover in the Alaska end and Gaelan Patterson and Nick Tuzzolino setup the shot from the blueline.
In the third, Brad Mills ripped home his team-leading 12th goal of the year as he walked into the slot on the power-play. Tuzzolino and Mitch Wahl added assists as Wahl extended his scoring streak to seven games (two goals, 12 assists).
Alaska got on the board with 5:49 left in regulation with a goal by NHL'er Joey Crabb.
Utah now heads home for eight straight games and 13 of their next 16 contests after starting the year with 14 of their first 22 games on the road.
- BYU football hosts 'Friday Night Lights'...
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date with...
- Utah football: Booker's return lifts offense,...
- Photo gallery: BYU players perform for NFL...
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL president...
- Brad Rock: Utes have Duked it out with big...
- NCAA 'service work' has been eye-opening for...
- Runnin' Utes take on Duke in Texas-sized venue
- Utes to face Duke in the Sweet 16... 207
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill is making a... 31
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 26
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- It's Coach K vs. Coach K as Utah... 22
- Ogden chooses to play as an independent... 21
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21