ANCHORAGE, Alaska — The Utah Grizzlies defeated the Alaska Aces 2-1 Monday evening to split the four-game series against the best team in the ECHL.
Utah is the only ECHL team this year to win at Sullivan Arena.
Utah rookie goaltender Grant Rollheiser improved to 5-3-0-1 with the win as he stopped 26 of 27 shots in the game, including 14 of 15 in the third period.
Josh Burrows gave Utah a 1-0 lead 6:09 into the second period as Ian Schultz forced a turnover in the Alaska end and Gaelan Patterson and Nick Tuzzolino setup the shot from the blueline.
In the third, Brad Mills ripped home his team-leading 12th goal of the year as he walked into the slot on the power-play. Tuzzolino and Mitch Wahl added assists as Wahl extended his scoring streak to seven games (two goals, 12 assists).
Alaska got on the board with 5:49 left in regulation with a goal by NHL'er Joey Crabb.
Utah now heads home for eight straight games and 13 of their next 16 contests after starting the year with 14 of their first 22 games on the road.
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 76
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 28
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14