ANCHORAGE, Alaska — The Utah Grizzlies defeated the Alaska Aces 2-1 Monday evening to split the four-game series against the best team in the ECHL.
Utah is the only ECHL team this year to win at Sullivan Arena.
Utah rookie goaltender Grant Rollheiser improved to 5-3-0-1 with the win as he stopped 26 of 27 shots in the game, including 14 of 15 in the third period.
Josh Burrows gave Utah a 1-0 lead 6:09 into the second period as Ian Schultz forced a turnover in the Alaska end and Gaelan Patterson and Nick Tuzzolino setup the shot from the blueline.
In the third, Brad Mills ripped home his team-leading 12th goal of the year as he walked into the slot on the power-play. Tuzzolino and Mitch Wahl added assists as Wahl extended his scoring streak to seven games (two goals, 12 assists).
Alaska got on the board with 5:49 left in regulation with a goal by NHL'er Joey Crabb.
Utah now heads home for eight straight games and 13 of their next 16 contests after starting the year with 14 of their first 22 games on the road.
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- Rudy Gobert made Suns pay for Foul-A-Frenchie...
- Mike Sorensen: Manning's storybook ending...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the road...
- Oregon overpowers Utes for 76-66 victory
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 84
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 66
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 29
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22