ANCHORAGE, Alaska — The Utah Grizzlies defeated the Alaska Aces 2-1 Monday evening to split the four-game series against the best team in the ECHL.
Utah is the only ECHL team this year to win at Sullivan Arena.
Utah rookie goaltender Grant Rollheiser improved to 5-3-0-1 with the win as he stopped 26 of 27 shots in the game, including 14 of 15 in the third period.
Josh Burrows gave Utah a 1-0 lead 6:09 into the second period as Ian Schultz forced a turnover in the Alaska end and Gaelan Patterson and Nick Tuzzolino setup the shot from the blueline.
In the third, Brad Mills ripped home his team-leading 12th goal of the year as he walked into the slot on the power-play. Tuzzolino and Mitch Wahl added assists as Wahl extended his scoring streak to seven games (two goals, 12 assists).
Alaska got on the board with 5:49 left in regulation with a goal by NHL'er Joey Crabb.
Utah now heads home for eight straight games and 13 of their next 16 contests after starting the year with 14 of their first 22 games on the road.
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting, Miami...
- BYU football: Christian Stewart returns to...
- 1A boys basketball tournament: roundup of...
- Morning links: Jazz's sudden rise; SI breaks...
- After year layoff, BYU's Kurtz happy to be...
- Dick Harmon: Work of BYU's new strength coach...
- The name game: pronouncing the names of the...
- Jazz grind out impressive 93-82 win in Memphis
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 110
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 83
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for... 74
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 51
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 44
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 42
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting,... 42
- Morning links: Is BYU now in the... 40