Utah State football: Davis lived up to promise of becoming a great player
Aggies' cornerback lives up to his promise of greatness
Davis' assuredness — a swagger that, thanks to his good natured attitude, doesn't reach cockiness — has helped put him on NFL draft boards following the season and is a big reason the Utah State defense is ranked eighth-stingiest in the nation when it comes to opponents' scoring. All of this success is stemming from an offseason meeting and a personal commitment to be a better player.
"The thing Willie has done is make the decision that he wants to be a great football player … I knew that Willie was a special athlete and I always thought he was a special young man. He's put it all together," Andersen said. "I'm very proud of his accomplishments."
Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
No. 18 Utah State (10-2, 6-0 WAC) vs. Toledo (9-3, 6-2 MAC)
Saturday, 2:30 p.m.
Bronco Stadium, Boise, Idaho
Radio: Utah State Sports Network
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a mythical...
- The offseason status of NFL players with Utah...
- High school football: Riley Nelson hired as...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian players...
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story priceless,...
- Brad Rock: USU athletics can go home again
- High school softball: 5A, 4A, 3A state...
- Considerable work, planning has gone... 71
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 65
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 57
- Utes football: No changes imminent for... 55
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 51
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A, 3A state... 49
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 47
- BYU football to receive 6-figure payout... 40