Utah State football: Davis lived up to promise of becoming a great player
Aggies' cornerback lives up to his promise of greatness
Davis' assuredness — a swagger that, thanks to his good natured attitude, doesn't reach cockiness — has helped put him on NFL draft boards following the season and is a big reason the Utah State defense is ranked eighth-stingiest in the nation when it comes to opponents' scoring. All of this success is stemming from an offseason meeting and a personal commitment to be a better player.
"The thing Willie has done is make the decision that he wants to be a great football player … I knew that Willie was a special athlete and I always thought he was a special young man. He's put it all together," Andersen said. "I'm very proud of his accomplishments."
Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
No. 18 Utah State (10-2, 6-0 WAC) vs. Toledo (9-3, 6-2 MAC)
Saturday, 2:30 p.m.
Bronco Stadium, Boise, Idaho
Radio: Utah State Sports Network
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- 2014 NBA draft tracker: An ongoing look at...
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- High school boys basketball: Underdogs shine...
- High school sports: Thursday's prep roundup
- BYU basketball: Cougars face No. 21 UMass in...
- Utah Jazz: Banner day coming for Jerry Sloan
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 102
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 57
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 52
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 46
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 43