Utah State football: Davis lived up to promise of becoming a great player
Aggies' cornerback lives up to his promise of greatness
Davis' assuredness — a swagger that, thanks to his good natured attitude, doesn't reach cockiness — has helped put him on NFL draft boards following the season and is a big reason the Utah State defense is ranked eighth-stingiest in the nation when it comes to opponents' scoring. All of this success is stemming from an offseason meeting and a personal commitment to be a better player.
"The thing Willie has done is make the decision that he wants to be a great football player … I knew that Willie was a special athlete and I always thought he was a special young man. He's put it all together," Andersen said. "I'm very proud of his accomplishments."
Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
No. 18 Utah State (10-2, 6-0 WAC) vs. Toledo (9-3, 6-2 MAC)
Saturday, 2:30 p.m.
Bronco Stadium, Boise, Idaho
Radio: Utah State Sports Network
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Speculation begins about who the next Utah...
- Brad Rock: Jazz coaching hire — this...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- Dick Harmon: Former BYU basketball star Alan...
- Rock On: Lighten up, Gordon Hayward
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating... 61
- U. student government passes resolution... 57
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 40
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 26
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 19