The push is on to discontinue the $1 bill, in favor of gold and silver painted coins.
I don't think much of this plan, in spite of the continuing devaluation of the dollar. Think about using a $5 bill to buy something costing $1 to $2.
Do you want three or four bills in change to fold nicely into your wallet or that number of large coins rolling around in your pocket?
I'll take the former.
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- Letter: Drones or privacy
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 27
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 21
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake 16
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 15
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 14