The push is on to discontinue the $1 bill, in favor of gold and silver painted coins.
I don't think much of this plan, in spite of the continuing devaluation of the dollar. Think about using a $5 bill to buy something costing $1 to $2.
Do you want three or four bills in change to fold nicely into your wallet or that number of large coins rolling around in your pocket?
I'll take the former.
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod
- Letter: Religious freedom
- In our opinion: Maintaining balance
- Doug Robinson: Utah man discovers powerful...
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- My view: Adoption legislation: Children...
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 65
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 47
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Robert Bennett: Keystone: What... 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 24
- Michael Gerson: The GOP needs to... 22