The push is on to discontinue the $1 bill, in favor of gold and silver painted coins.
I don't think much of this plan, in spite of the continuing devaluation of the dollar. Think about using a $5 bill to buy something costing $1 to $2.
Do you want three or four bills in change to fold nicely into your wallet or that number of large coins rolling around in your pocket?
I'll take the former.
- In our opinion: Confronted by power, Christ...
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate debate
- In our opinion: FDA must consider regulating...
- Letter: Amnesty for who?
- Charles Krauthammer: In our politics, full...
- Letter: Homework load is fine
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: A compilation...
- Letter: Republican empathy too rare
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 49
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 46
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 42
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- Letter: Amnesty for who? 34
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 28