The push is on to discontinue the $1 bill, in favor of gold and silver painted coins.
I don't think much of this plan, in spite of the continuing devaluation of the dollar. Think about using a $5 bill to buy something costing $1 to $2.
Do you want three or four bills in change to fold nicely into your wallet or that number of large coins rolling around in your pocket?
I'll take the former.
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- My view: Doing away with cursive is bad idea...
- My view: In the name of God?
- Letter: No prison deficit
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 63
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30