The push is on to discontinue the $1 bill, in favor of gold and silver painted coins.
I don't think much of this plan, in spite of the continuing devaluation of the dollar. Think about using a $5 bill to buy something costing $1 to $2.
Do you want three or four bills in change to fold nicely into your wallet or that number of large coins rolling around in your pocket?
I'll take the former.
- Kathleen Parker: True or not, Bill Cosby...
- In our opinion: Don't make Hagel a scapegoat;...
- Letter: New slavery
- Robert J. Samuelson: U.S. has a hybrid system...
- Michael Gerson: The big 'but' — Obama's...
- SNL takes on Obama's executive order
- Letter: What this issue is really about
- Letter: Hooray for the initiative