The push is on to discontinue the $1 bill, in favor of gold and silver painted coins.
I don't think much of this plan, in spite of the continuing devaluation of the dollar. Think about using a $5 bill to buy something costing $1 to $2.
Do you want three or four bills in change to fold nicely into your wallet or that number of large coins rolling around in your pocket?
I'll take the former.
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Join the discussion: Is bipartisanship making...
- Letter: Irreparable damage
- In our opinion: Most Americans struggling to...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 78
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- Letter: Utah's birthright 46
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Letter: Irreparable damage 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37
- Letter: Protected lands 36