The push is on to discontinue the $1 bill, in favor of gold and silver painted coins.
I don't think much of this plan, in spite of the continuing devaluation of the dollar. Think about using a $5 bill to buy something costing $1 to $2.
Do you want three or four bills in change to fold nicely into your wallet or that number of large coins rolling around in your pocket?
I'll take the former.
- Letter: Constitutional republic
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is doomed
- John Florez: The key to El Paso is understanding
- Kathleen Parker: Karma tastes rich in new,...
- In our opinion: Utah proud to be cutting edge...
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes sense
- Dan Liljenquist: Confronting Saudi Arabia's...