Utah Jazz are suddenly putting it together — at home, on the road, offensively and defensively
"It just made us more hungry to get out there and win more games," Millsap added. "That was a wake-up call for us."
Coach Tyrone Corbin has been impressed with how his squad has stuck together instead of drifting apart during challenging times — an attitude that helped the Jazz withstand Laker charges Sunday and burst to a 12-10 record after dipping below .500 a week ago.
"This is a high-character group of guys. They have a lot of pride and they've demonstrated that all year long," Corbin said. "When we have a disappointing performance or disappointing loss like we did with the Clipper loss at home, the guys have been doing a great job of coming back and just learning every night."
The Jazz have flummoxed opposing defenses by hitting outside shots, clearing up space for the bigs to work on the inside.
Offensive flow has been high.
Egos have been low.
Guys like Millsap and Gordon Hayward have busted through slumps. Marvin Williams, Enes Kanter and Carroll have provided energetic and positive performances in their various roles. Jamaal Tinsley has returned as a solid traffic-director off the bench. Jeremy Evans has contributed with some dazzling dunks and out-of-nowhere blocks.
Meanwhile, Jefferson and Mo Williams continue to click, especially on the offensive side.
"When D-Fav gets back, we're going to be even stronger," Carroll said. "That's the biggest thing — everybody's just getting valuable playing time now, so at the end of the season anything can happen."
In the current moment, there's a whole lot of right going on at the same time for Utah.
Score some wins for good old-fashioned team play.
Maybe somebody in Los Angeles should pay attention to that missing detail.
>Email: email@example.com Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- AP source: Irving, Barnes finish US Olympic...
- Federer out to turn around frustrating season...
- With 1-0 loss to Colombia, US finishes 4th in...
- Ipsen, Hixon get Olympic 3-meter spots,...
- National champion Sam Mikulak leads US men's...
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 168
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 49
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 39
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 24
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20