Utah Jazz are suddenly putting it together — at home, on the road, offensively and defensively
"It just made us more hungry to get out there and win more games," Millsap added. "That was a wake-up call for us."
Coach Tyrone Corbin has been impressed with how his squad has stuck together instead of drifting apart during challenging times — an attitude that helped the Jazz withstand Laker charges Sunday and burst to a 12-10 record after dipping below .500 a week ago.
"This is a high-character group of guys. They have a lot of pride and they've demonstrated that all year long," Corbin said. "When we have a disappointing performance or disappointing loss like we did with the Clipper loss at home, the guys have been doing a great job of coming back and just learning every night."
The Jazz have flummoxed opposing defenses by hitting outside shots, clearing up space for the bigs to work on the inside.
Offensive flow has been high.
Egos have been low.
Guys like Millsap and Gordon Hayward have busted through slumps. Marvin Williams, Enes Kanter and Carroll have provided energetic and positive performances in their various roles. Jamaal Tinsley has returned as a solid traffic-director off the bench. Jeremy Evans has contributed with some dazzling dunks and out-of-nowhere blocks.
Meanwhile, Jefferson and Mo Williams continue to click, especially on the offensive side.
"When D-Fav gets back, we're going to be even stronger," Carroll said. "That's the biggest thing — everybody's just getting valuable playing time now, so at the end of the season anything can happen."
In the current moment, there's a whole lot of right going on at the same time for Utah.
Score some wins for good old-fashioned team play.
Maybe somebody in Los Angeles should pay attention to that missing detail.
>Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 49
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45