Jimmer watch: Jimmer Fredette wraps up productive week; earns praise from teammate
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The Sacramento Kings just concluded their best week of the season, winning all three of their games to bump their record to 7-12. Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette also had one of his most productive weeks — when he played. Fredette played in two of Sacramento's three games, averaging 16.5 minutes, 11 points, but just 0.5 assists and 2.5 turnovers.
Fredette started the week logging 12 minutes and scoring seven points in Sacramento's 107-100 win over Toronto. He went 2-for-5 from the field and 1-for-2 from 3-point range.
His best game of the week came in his team's 91-82 win over Orlando on Friday. Fredette played 21 minutes and chipped in 15 points on 5-for-7 shooting from the field and 1-for-3 shooting from 3-point range. His performance against Orlando earned him some unusual praise from teammate DeMarcus Cousins.
"Dog, Jimmer got moves, dog," Cousins told the Cowbell Kingdom . "Man his moves are crazy! You just don't expect it from Jimmer and he hits you with something crazy. But we're definitely excited. Always feels good to have your teammates playing well, so that's how it should be."
Despite his big game against Orlando coach Keith Smart chose to sit Fredette against Portland Saturday night in favor of Isaiah Thomas. The Kings beat the Blazers 99-80 Saturday with Thomas contributing five points, two assists and three turnovers in his 18 minutes of play.
Sacramento will hit the road for games against Dallas, Milwaukee and Oklahoma City before returning home to take on Denver in Week 7. On the season Fredette is averaging 6.9 points and 11.3 minutes per game. He's shooting .481 from the field, .414 from 3-point range and .917 from the free throw line.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33