WASHINGTON — A Pentagon official says a Navy SEAL was killed during the rescue mission in Afghanistan that freed an American doctor abducted by the Taliban.
Killed in the weekend raid was a member of SEAL Team Six, the same unit that killed Osama bin Laden last year. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the official was not allowed to release the information on the record.
Officials in Afghanistan say Dr. Dilip Joseph of Colorado Springs, Colo., was rescued early Sunday in eastern Afghanistan. The military says the adviser for Colorado Springs-based Morning Star Development was abducted last week and rescued after intelligence showed he was in imminent danger of injury or possible death.
The Pentagon has not identified the SEAL Team Six member who was killed.
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Deported Mexicans find new life at call centers
- Religious companies can now opt out of paying...
- Huckabee: 'Stop the fight' over Common Core
- Bridezilla, meet 'Bridechilla'
- Photographer is using portraits to combat...
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters...
- How poverty plays a role in Ferguson
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 120
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 29
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Federal judge: Florida gay-marriage ban... 17
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Another American hostage at risk by... 13