ST. MORITZ, Switzerland — Lindsey Vonn skied to victory in a World Cup super-G on Saturday, and American teammate Julia Mancuso was third.
Vonn extended her perfect record in four speed races this season, timing 1 minute, 2.71 seconds to beat World Cup overall leader Tina Maze by 0.37 seconds. Mancuso was 1.01 behind Vonn.
Maze's victory in the super-combined Friday put some pressure on Vonn, who scored 100 points in the victory to trail Maze by 167 in third place.
Vonn's 57th career World Cup win, the second-most in history, was her 20th in super-G. She is the four-time defending champion in the season-long discipline title.
LIGETY 12TH IN VAL D'ISERE SLALOM: At Val d'isere, France, Ted Ligety knifed through incredibly soft snow in Val d'Isere to finish 12th and gain critical points toward the Audi FIS Alpine World Cup overall, where he's currently second to Norwegian Aksel Lund Svindal. David Chodounsky produced the third-fastest final run to finish a career best 15th after missing most of last season with injury. Ligety, who is the defending giant slalom champion in Val d'Isere, will gun for his third consecutive victory in the discipline today.
Alexis Pinturault of France produced a brilliant second run under floodlights to improve from sixth and win.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 121
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 33
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20