College basketball roundup: UVU outlasts Troy, Dixie State falls to Fresno Pacific
TROY, Ala. — Holton Hunsaker scored 32 points, including a tying 3-pointer near the end of the first overtime, to lead Utah Valley to an 86-82 double-overtime victory over Troy.
The Wolverines (5-6) also got double-figure scoring from Ben Aird (18 points, 11 rebounds), Jason Johnson (16 points) and Alfonzo Hubbard (11). It was Hubbard who followed Hunsaker's missed 3-pointer at the end of regulation and scored inside at the buzzer, tying it at 66.
In the first overtime, Hunsaker atoned for that earlier miss with a tying 3-pointer to make it 73-all. In the second overtime, the score tied at 79, Hubbard converted a three-point play and Hunsaker drained the last of his five 3-pointers for an 85-79 cushion.
Hunsaker, who played 48 of 50 minutes, shot 11 for 18 and committed just four turnovers.
FRESNO PACIFIC 82, DIXIE STATE 80: At Fresno, Calif., Fresno Pacific's Malcolm Griffin knocked home a baseline floater to beat the buzzer as the Red Storm (5-3, 2-1 PacWest) lost their third straight road game.
NO. 24 SNOW COLLEGE: 80, SOUTHERN COLORADO 64: At Ephraim, sophomore Connor Van Brocklin led the Badgers (11-1) with 23 points. Badger big man Cheikh Sane scored 12.
The Kings' Demetrius Nixon scored 15.
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for...
- Ranking the best free agents in the NBA
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- Ranking the best fits for the Utah Jazz in...
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents may...
- Jazz in talks with German center Pleiss,...
- High school sports: Nearly 650 athletes...
- Utah Jazz bolster coaching staff on first day...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 77
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 56
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 51
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU's retired AD Glen... 27
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to... 27
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 25