College basketball roundup: UVU outlasts Troy, Dixie State falls to Fresno Pacific
TROY, Ala. — Holton Hunsaker scored 32 points, including a tying 3-pointer near the end of the first overtime, to lead Utah Valley to an 86-82 double-overtime victory over Troy.
The Wolverines (5-6) also got double-figure scoring from Ben Aird (18 points, 11 rebounds), Jason Johnson (16 points) and Alfonzo Hubbard (11). It was Hubbard who followed Hunsaker's missed 3-pointer at the end of regulation and scored inside at the buzzer, tying it at 66.
In the first overtime, Hunsaker atoned for that earlier miss with a tying 3-pointer to make it 73-all. In the second overtime, the score tied at 79, Hubbard converted a three-point play and Hunsaker drained the last of his five 3-pointers for an 85-79 cushion.
Hunsaker, who played 48 of 50 minutes, shot 11 for 18 and committed just four turnovers.
FRESNO PACIFIC 82, DIXIE STATE 80: At Fresno, Calif., Fresno Pacific's Malcolm Griffin knocked home a baseline floater to beat the buzzer as the Red Storm (5-3, 2-1 PacWest) lost their third straight road game.
NO. 24 SNOW COLLEGE: 80, SOUTHERN COLORADO 64: At Ephraim, sophomore Connor Van Brocklin led the Badgers (11-1) with 23 points. Badger big man Cheikh Sane scored 12.
The Kings' Demetrius Nixon scored 15.
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 60
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 27
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 25
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14