College basketball roundup: UVU outlasts Troy, Dixie State falls to Fresno Pacific
TROY, Ala. — Holton Hunsaker scored 32 points, including a tying 3-pointer near the end of the first overtime, to lead Utah Valley to an 86-82 double-overtime victory over Troy.
The Wolverines (5-6) also got double-figure scoring from Ben Aird (18 points, 11 rebounds), Jason Johnson (16 points) and Alfonzo Hubbard (11). It was Hubbard who followed Hunsaker's missed 3-pointer at the end of regulation and scored inside at the buzzer, tying it at 66.
In the first overtime, Hunsaker atoned for that earlier miss with a tying 3-pointer to make it 73-all. In the second overtime, the score tied at 79, Hubbard converted a three-point play and Hunsaker drained the last of his five 3-pointers for an 85-79 cushion.
Hunsaker, who played 48 of 50 minutes, shot 11 for 18 and committed just four turnovers.
FRESNO PACIFIC 82, DIXIE STATE 80: At Fresno, Calif., Fresno Pacific's Malcolm Griffin knocked home a baseline floater to beat the buzzer as the Red Storm (5-3, 2-1 PacWest) lost their third straight road game.
NO. 24 SNOW COLLEGE: 80, SOUTHERN COLORADO 64: At Ephraim, sophomore Connor Van Brocklin led the Badgers (11-1) with 23 points. Badger big man Cheikh Sane scored 12.
The Kings' Demetrius Nixon scored 15.
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- USU football: Aggies geared up to take on the...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41