allison soukhamthath, Allison Soukhamthath
Why all the recent flap about Utah's high school graduation rate ranking 33rd in the nation, — like that was new information? The Deseret News published that information June 1, six months ago. And because there is no national standard for earning a high school diploma, that ranking means absolutely nothing unless it is accompanied by information on the graduation requirements of the different states.
It is not the same as comparing students' performance in reading, math and science — where either you can do it or you can't.
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- Letters: Move to the center
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up...
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Comprehensive immigration reform or bust
- In our opinion: Susan Cox Powell's case is...
- Search for extraterrestrial life goes on,...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 70
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 32
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 29
- Letters: Move to the center 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 22
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 20