allison soukhamthath, Allison Soukhamthath
Why all the recent flap about Utah's high school graduation rate ranking 33rd in the nation, — like that was new information? The Deseret News published that information June 1, six months ago. And because there is no national standard for earning a high school diploma, that ranking means absolutely nothing unless it is accompanied by information on the graduation requirements of the different states.
It is not the same as comparing students' performance in reading, math and science — where either you can do it or you can't.
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 62
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 30
- My view: What message does Melania's... 30