allison soukhamthath, Allison Soukhamthath
Why all the recent flap about Utah's high school graduation rate ranking 33rd in the nation, — like that was new information? The Deseret News published that information June 1, six months ago. And because there is no national standard for earning a high school diploma, that ranking means absolutely nothing unless it is accompanied by information on the graduation requirements of the different states.
It is not the same as comparing students' performance in reading, math and science — where either you can do it or you can't.
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- A. Scott Anderson: Sen. Bennett: Selfless...
- Michael Gerson: Conservatives' deal with the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Collective neurosis in...
- In our opinion: Not all economic inequality...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a de-humanized...
- Letter: Luxury homes in mountains
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 73
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 49
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 20
- My view: Character still matters in... 16
- Letter: Luxury homes in mountains 11
- My view: The one thing that could solve... 11