allison soukhamthath, Allison Soukhamthath
Why all the recent flap about Utah's high school graduation rate ranking 33rd in the nation, — like that was new information? The Deseret News published that information June 1, six months ago. And because there is no national standard for earning a high school diploma, that ranking means absolutely nothing unless it is accompanied by information on the graduation requirements of the different states.
It is not the same as comparing students' performance in reading, math and science — where either you can do it or you can't.
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- In our opinion: A darkening cloud is hanging...
- Snapshot of 2013 in political cartoons
- Timothy R. Clark: Graduation advice for my...
- Letters: Threats justified
- My view: Nothing sinister about Common Core
- My view: People deserve rights at our borders
- Richard Davis: Airlines should do more for...
- Letters: Stop the witch hunt 35
- John Florez: Show leadership on... 31
- Supreme Court, Congress, citizens: The... 27
- Letter: Media failure 25
- Letters: Threats justified 24
- Robert Bennett: Sticking to facts is... 23
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running... 19
- In our opinion: Limit the power of the... 18