allison soukhamthath, Allison Soukhamthath
Why all the recent flap about Utah's high school graduation rate ranking 33rd in the nation, — like that was new information? The Deseret News published that information June 1, six months ago. And because there is no national standard for earning a high school diploma, that ranking means absolutely nothing unless it is accompanied by information on the graduation requirements of the different states.
It is not the same as comparing students' performance in reading, math and science — where either you can do it or you can't.
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Endangered Species Act lost sight of its mission
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- Who are the real heroes of election reform?
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 66
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 50
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Robert Bennett: Keystone: What... 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 27
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 27