Jae C. Hong, File, Associated Press
On Black Friday, my son and I were out shopping and we met one of his old friends. As we chatted, he told us that he owned a one-man mortgage business. He told us that in January, people who sell investment property will pay a 3.5 percent tax of the profit made to the federal government. Even those who sell a vacation home will also pay the 3.5 percent sales tax.
He told us he was getting out of the business because of the increased regulations and taxes that will be placed on him come January. It is really nice to know that President Barack Obama and Scott Matheson have a plan to increase business and get people working again. I just wish they would mind their own business and not ours.
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- Letter: Vote for cleaner air
- Center that specializes in stories about...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 50
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 25