Jae C. Hong, File, Associated Press
On Black Friday, my son and I were out shopping and we met one of his old friends. As we chatted, he told us that he owned a one-man mortgage business. He told us that in January, people who sell investment property will pay a 3.5 percent tax of the profit made to the federal government. Even those who sell a vacation home will also pay the 3.5 percent sales tax.
He told us he was getting out of the business because of the increased regulations and taxes that will be placed on him come January. It is really nice to know that President Barack Obama and Scott Matheson have a plan to increase business and get people working again. I just wish they would mind their own business and not ours.
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod
- Letter: Religious freedom
- In our opinion: Maintaining balance
- Doug Robinson: Utah man discovers powerful...
- My view: Adoption legislation: Children...
- Jay Evensen: Don't mess with a great Utah...
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- Dan Liljenquist: Count My Vote: Compromise...
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 63
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 37
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Robert Bennett: Keystone: What... 32
- Michael Gerson: The GOP needs to... 22
- Letter: Reclassify ISPs as common carriers 19