Jae C. Hong, File, Associated Press
On Black Friday, my son and I were out shopping and we met one of his old friends. As we chatted, he told us that he owned a one-man mortgage business. He told us that in January, people who sell investment property will pay a 3.5 percent tax of the profit made to the federal government. Even those who sell a vacation home will also pay the 3.5 percent sales tax.
He told us he was getting out of the business because of the increased regulations and taxes that will be placed on him come January. It is really nice to know that President Barack Obama and Scott Matheson have a plan to increase business and get people working again. I just wish they would mind their own business and not ours.
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude...
- Letter: Growing party divide
- In our opinion: Smoking aside, Utah can still...
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, ride sharing is...
- Lois M. Collins: Daddy-daughter duo turn trip...
- Kathleen Parker: Pope Francis calls for a...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: To all the young...
- In our opinion: Keystone Pipeline... 66
- Letter: Where jobs come from 64
- In our opinion: A Supreme missed... 58
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 46
- Dave Folland: No more excuses on... 44
- Letter: Growing party divide 43
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 35