As a real estate agent in the state of Utah, I know what is going on in the housing market in our beautiful state. We have homeowners who are struggling not to foreclose on their homes but to do a "short sale." They have no extra money to pay taxes on money that they have not earned while also losing their homes.
Utah should be at the forefront in helping during these hard times. My concern is that both political parities are doing nothing good for our country — all they are doing is fighting amongst themselves. We need to urge Congress to reinstate the Debt Relief Act for 2013-2014. Let's remember who we all work for — not the Democratic Party or the Republican Party, but the people of the United States of America.
- Letter: Access to health care 42
- John Florez: The people's voices don't... 30
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests... 28
- Letter: Sharing culpability 21
- Letter: Distance from religion 19
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes... 15
- Prisons bring much positive change 13
- Mark Reynolds: Cheap gas prices... 12