As a real estate agent in the state of Utah, I know what is going on in the housing market in our beautiful state. We have homeowners who are struggling not to foreclose on their homes but to do a "short sale." They have no extra money to pay taxes on money that they have not earned while also losing their homes.
Utah should be at the forefront in helping during these hard times. My concern is that both political parities are doing nothing good for our country — all they are doing is fighting amongst themselves. We need to urge Congress to reinstate the Debt Relief Act for 2013-2014. Let's remember who we all work for — not the Democratic Party or the Republican Party, but the people of the United States of America.
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- This year's most popular editorials
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report didn't...
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- Letter: Condoning torture
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 65
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report... 55
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- Letter: Condoning torture 41
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —... 28
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 27