As a real estate agent in the state of Utah, I know what is going on in the housing market in our beautiful state. We have homeowners who are struggling not to foreclose on their homes but to do a "short sale." They have no extra money to pay taxes on money that they have not earned while also losing their homes.
Utah should be at the forefront in helping during these hard times. My concern is that both political parities are doing nothing good for our country — all they are doing is fighting amongst themselves. We need to urge Congress to reinstate the Debt Relief Act for 2013-2014. Let's remember who we all work for — not the Democratic Party or the Republican Party, but the people of the United States of America.
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second...
- Letter: Greater security
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum wage
- In our opinion: Suspended Alaskan oil drilling
- Lois M. Collins: The 'death' of faith may be...
- Letter: Kill off expansion
- Jay Evensen: Here's why we should fear...
- Letter: Our French Revolution