Photographer: Landon Densley, Photographer: Landon Densley
A calendar of LDS-themed holiday events from around the United States and Canada.
BYU— Idaho (Rexburg): Annual Christmas Concert, featuring Canadian Brass, school choirs and Sinfonietta orchestra, Dec. 1, 7:30 p.m., BYU-Idaho Center (tickets required, $12 general public, $6 BYU-Idaho students, www.byui.edu/tickets and 208-496-3170) (see www.byui.edu/tickets or by calling 208-496-3170)
Washington, D.C., Temple Visitors' Center: Festival of Lights, through Jan. 1 (see www.mormon.org/dc )
Canal Winchester Ward: "Prophesy Unfolds, A Nativity Enactment," Dec. 6-8, 6:30- 8p.m., shows start every 30 minutes, Canal Winchester Chapel, 6500 Foxhill Drive, Canal Winchester (reserve free tickets by calling 614-837-8207)
Akron Ohio Stake: Handel's "Messiah" choir and orchestra presentation, Dec. 8, 6:30 p.m., Tallmadge chapel, 106 E. Howe Road, Tallmadge (for information call 330-833-0322)
Portland Ensign Choir and Orchestra: "Christmas through the Years" concerts, Dec. 14, 8 p.m., Dec. 15, 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Skyview High School's Performing Arts Auditorium (tickets required, PortlandEnsign.org )
Ogden Institute of Religion: The Performing Arts 35th Annual Christmas Spectacular, "I Heard the Bells… A Christmas Hope," Dec. 8, 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Weber State University-Val A. Browning Center for the Performing Arts, Austad Auditorium (tickets required, suggested donations are adult $5, seniors (60 and older) $4, children 6-17, $3 and family $15 (matinee $12); www.ldsces.org/ogden , or 801-621-1800)
Temple Square: Choral and musical groups will present at the Assembly Hall, North Visitor's Center, Church Office Building, Family History Library and Joseph Smith Memorial Building various days from through Dec. 23. (See www.lds.org/events and then click on Temple Square Performances for a completed list)
Conference Center: "Savior of the World," through Dec. 29, 7:30 p.m., Saturday matinees 2 p.m. (tickets required, www.lds.org/events )
Salt Lake Tabernacle: "A Celebration of Christ" Interfaith Concert, Dec. 8, 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. (tickets required; lds.org/events or 801-570-0080)
Church History Museum: International Art Competition for Youth exhibit, through June 17, 45 North West Temple St. (see history.lds.org/artcompetition )
All listed times are local time unless otherwise noted. The Mormon Times calendar list for events in the United States and Canada are published on occasional Saturdays. To submit an event, please email it to email@example.com and include a contact name and phone number. Events are due noon Wednesday for Saturday's calendar.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the first 3...
- Observers uncertain about the impact of...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 70
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 58
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 50
- What does the Mormon 'temperature'... 39
- Observers uncertain about the impact of... 39
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 26
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- What would Jesus buy? New website helps... 14