Photographer: Landon Densley, Photographer: Landon Densley
A calendar of LDS-themed holiday events from around the United States and Canada.
BYU— Idaho (Rexburg): Annual Christmas Concert, featuring Canadian Brass, school choirs and Sinfonietta orchestra, Dec. 1, 7:30 p.m., BYU-Idaho Center (tickets required, $12 general public, $6 BYU-Idaho students, www.byui.edu/tickets and 208-496-3170) (see www.byui.edu/tickets or by calling 208-496-3170)
Washington, D.C., Temple Visitors' Center: Festival of Lights, through Jan. 1 (see www.mormon.org/dc )
Canal Winchester Ward: "Prophesy Unfolds, A Nativity Enactment," Dec. 6-8, 6:30- 8p.m., shows start every 30 minutes, Canal Winchester Chapel, 6500 Foxhill Drive, Canal Winchester (reserve free tickets by calling 614-837-8207)
Akron Ohio Stake: Handel's "Messiah" choir and orchestra presentation, Dec. 8, 6:30 p.m., Tallmadge chapel, 106 E. Howe Road, Tallmadge (for information call 330-833-0322)
Portland Ensign Choir and Orchestra: "Christmas through the Years" concerts, Dec. 14, 8 p.m., Dec. 15, 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Skyview High School's Performing Arts Auditorium (tickets required, PortlandEnsign.org )
Ogden Institute of Religion: The Performing Arts 35th Annual Christmas Spectacular, "I Heard the Bells… A Christmas Hope," Dec. 8, 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Weber State University-Val A. Browning Center for the Performing Arts, Austad Auditorium (tickets required, suggested donations are adult $5, seniors (60 and older) $4, children 6-17, $3 and family $15 (matinee $12); www.ldsces.org/ogden , or 801-621-1800)
Temple Square: Choral and musical groups will present at the Assembly Hall, North Visitor's Center, Church Office Building, Family History Library and Joseph Smith Memorial Building various days from through Dec. 23. (See www.lds.org/events and then click on Temple Square Performances for a completed list)
Conference Center: "Savior of the World," through Dec. 29, 7:30 p.m., Saturday matinees 2 p.m. (tickets required, www.lds.org/events )
Salt Lake Tabernacle: "A Celebration of Christ" Interfaith Concert, Dec. 8, 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. (tickets required; lds.org/events or 801-570-0080)
Church History Museum: International Art Competition for Youth exhibit, through June 17, 45 North West Temple St. (see history.lds.org/artcompetition )
All listed times are local time unless otherwise noted. The Mormon Times calendar list for events in the United States and Canada are published on occasional Saturdays. To submit an event, please email it to email@example.com and include a contact name and phone number. Events are due noon Wednesday for Saturday's calendar.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- LDS leader describes writing Elder Neal A....
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s...
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS Church...
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 91
- Ask Angela: LDS women have unrealistic... 53
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 38
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to... 35
- When Satan steals your motherhood 28
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Sweden... 23
- 'Son of God' is strong on production,... 20
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 14