SALT LAKE CITY — Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company's 50th Anniversary season continues with "THREE" Dec. 13-15 at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center.
"THREE" marks the final full evening of works by Charlotte Boye-Christensen as artistic director, who will depart the company this spring.
According to a news release, the show will feature four of Boye-Christensen's prominent works from her tenure with Ririe-Woodbury, including "Interiors" (2008), "Lost" (2007), "The Finish Line" (2012) and "But Seriously …" (2011).
"Interiors" is a collaboration with local artist Trent Call about the impulse urban humans have to add our mark, our understanding, and our own art to the natural world.
"Lost" is inspired by the dynamic, angry, fragile, and restless paintings and poetry of four young Mexican artists raised in the U.S., but without legal rights. All of them are former gang members.
"The Finish Line" is a duet inspired by the journey through a relationship.
"But Seriously …" is Boye-Christensen's collaboration with architect Nathan Webster, author David Kranes and actor Ethan Phillips of "Star Trek Voyager" fame. The work explores the similarities between stand-up comedians and dancers.
Former dancer Elizabeth Kelley-Wilberg, who left the company last spring, will return for "THREE" to dance in "But Seriously…"
The performances will be at 7:30 p.m., with a 2 p.m. matinee on Dec. 15 at Rose Wagner, 138 W. 300 South. Tickets are $30 (students and seniors $15) at arttix.org.
- 3 men missing nearly 5 months were likely...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after...
- Court battle settled over Susan Powell...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- Stolen truck full of $1 million in shoes...
- Gail Miller honored as 'Giant In Our City'
- 4-year-old boy gets new ear with aid of a 3-D...
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls his...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 41
- Meetings to resolve Medicaid expansion... 29
- Critics worry firing squad law will... 27
- Dramatic increase in Alzheimer's... 24
- Tea party movement still strong,... 22
- Sen. Mike Lee not ready to endorse Ted... 18
- Salt Lake City to become next Google... 17
- Co-founder of Ancestry.com charged with... 14