SALT LAKE CITY — Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company's 50th Anniversary season continues with "THREE" Dec. 13-15 at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center.
"THREE" marks the final full evening of works by Charlotte Boye-Christensen as artistic director, who will depart the company this spring.
According to a news release, the show will feature four of Boye-Christensen's prominent works from her tenure with Ririe-Woodbury, including "Interiors" (2008), "Lost" (2007), "The Finish Line" (2012) and "But Seriously …" (2011).
"Interiors" is a collaboration with local artist Trent Call about the impulse urban humans have to add our mark, our understanding, and our own art to the natural world.
"Lost" is inspired by the dynamic, angry, fragile, and restless paintings and poetry of four young Mexican artists raised in the U.S., but without legal rights. All of them are former gang members.
"The Finish Line" is a duet inspired by the journey through a relationship.
"But Seriously …" is Boye-Christensen's collaboration with architect Nathan Webster, author David Kranes and actor Ethan Phillips of "Star Trek Voyager" fame. The work explores the similarities between stand-up comedians and dancers.
Former dancer Elizabeth Kelley-Wilberg, who left the company last spring, will return for "THREE" to dance in "But Seriously…"
The performances will be at 7:30 p.m., with a 2 p.m. matinee on Dec. 15 at Rose Wagner, 138 W. 300 South. Tickets are $30 (students and seniors $15) at arttix.org.
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Salt Lake man killed, 3 others injured in...
- 2 Kearns men not wearing seat belts killed in...
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Utah case highlights painful challenges...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 74
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17