SALT LAKE CITY — Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company's 50th Anniversary season continues with "THREE" Dec. 13-15 at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center.
"THREE" marks the final full evening of works by Charlotte Boye-Christensen as artistic director, who will depart the company this spring.
According to a news release, the show will feature four of Boye-Christensen's prominent works from her tenure with Ririe-Woodbury, including "Interiors" (2008), "Lost" (2007), "The Finish Line" (2012) and "But Seriously …" (2011).
"Interiors" is a collaboration with local artist Trent Call about the impulse urban humans have to add our mark, our understanding, and our own art to the natural world.
"Lost" is inspired by the dynamic, angry, fragile, and restless paintings and poetry of four young Mexican artists raised in the U.S., but without legal rights. All of them are former gang members.
"The Finish Line" is a duet inspired by the journey through a relationship.
"But Seriously …" is Boye-Christensen's collaboration with architect Nathan Webster, author David Kranes and actor Ethan Phillips of "Star Trek Voyager" fame. The work explores the similarities between stand-up comedians and dancers.
Former dancer Elizabeth Kelley-Wilberg, who left the company last spring, will return for "THREE" to dance in "But Seriously…"
The performances will be at 7:30 p.m., with a 2 p.m. matinee on Dec. 15 at Rose Wagner, 138 W. 300 South. Tickets are $30 (students and seniors $15) at arttix.org.
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Wet, cool August delivered more than twice...
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Family of fallen officer Derek Johnson...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Why would a parent abandon a child? A look at...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Parents say daughter didn't understand... 22
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14