How does any of this make sense?
1. Iran, the self avowed enemy of the United States, supplies missiles to Hamas in Gaza.
2. The U.S. supplies Israel with Patriot missile technology for its Iron Dome defense system.
3. Hamas fires missiles into Israel. The Iron Dome is highly effective.
4. During the missile firing exercise, Hamas leaders in Gaza receive a friendly, supportive visit from the Islamist prime minister of Turkey.
5. The Syrian government is engaged in a bitter civil war. During this conflict the Syrians have made no significant use of missiles.
6. Suddenly, in order to protect Turkey from the possibility of a missile attack from Syria, NATO decides that it must give Patriot missiles to Turkey.
All of this in less than a month. How long before this highly effective technology is then passed to Iran, and from there to Russia, China and North Korea — all of whom are friendly with Iran? Why not just sell them the technology directly? At least then we could get some benefit from the deal.
Thomas W. Brown
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- In our opinion: Most Americans struggling to...
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Letter: Irreparable damage
- My view: Let's reserve costly prison beds for...
- Join the discussion: Is bipartisanship making...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 74
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- Letter: Learn the Constitution 52
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Letter: Utah's birthright 45
- In our opinion: Explaining editorial... 44
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Letter: Irreparable damage 38