How does any of this make sense?
1. Iran, the self avowed enemy of the United States, supplies missiles to Hamas in Gaza.
2. The U.S. supplies Israel with Patriot missile technology for its Iron Dome defense system.
3. Hamas fires missiles into Israel. The Iron Dome is highly effective.
4. During the missile firing exercise, Hamas leaders in Gaza receive a friendly, supportive visit from the Islamist prime minister of Turkey.
5. The Syrian government is engaged in a bitter civil war. During this conflict the Syrians have made no significant use of missiles.
6. Suddenly, in order to protect Turkey from the possibility of a missile attack from Syria, NATO decides that it must give Patriot missiles to Turkey.
All of this in less than a month. How long before this highly effective technology is then passed to Iran, and from there to Russia, China and North Korea — all of whom are friendly with Iran? Why not just sell them the technology directly? At least then we could get some benefit from the deal.
Thomas W. Brown
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Jay Evensen: Unfortunately, Canada may never...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- In our opinion: Dropouts face high risk of...
- My view: New treatment can cure Hepatitis C
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 151
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 73
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 26