How does any of this make sense?
1. Iran, the self avowed enemy of the United States, supplies missiles to Hamas in Gaza.
2. The U.S. supplies Israel with Patriot missile technology for its Iron Dome defense system.
3. Hamas fires missiles into Israel. The Iron Dome is highly effective.
4. During the missile firing exercise, Hamas leaders in Gaza receive a friendly, supportive visit from the Islamist prime minister of Turkey.
5. The Syrian government is engaged in a bitter civil war. During this conflict the Syrians have made no significant use of missiles.
6. Suddenly, in order to protect Turkey from the possibility of a missile attack from Syria, NATO decides that it must give Patriot missiles to Turkey.
All of this in less than a month. How long before this highly effective technology is then passed to Iran, and from there to Russia, China and North Korea — all of whom are friendly with Iran? Why not just sell them the technology directly? At least then we could get some benefit from the deal.
Thomas W. Brown
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the thin...
- Which states are best for tax payers?
- Letter: Right and wrong
- Lois M. Collins: Ukraine hoax fuels anger,...
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform should...
- In our opinion: Western land standoff aside,...
- Letter: Science consensus is slow, methodical
- Jay Evensen: No more rent for inmates —...
- Letter: Right and wrong 79
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate... 67
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform... 63
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 47
- Letter: Science consensus is slow,... 45
- Letter: Amnesty for who? 43
- In our opinion: Confronted by power,... 39
- In our opinion: Dramatic transformation... 28