History has a way of repeating itself; however, a current fad may leave us with the inability to do so.
The world is adult-centered, and with this trend comes the beauty of independence and success. Conversely, it also accompanies the evaporation of families. Our lifestyle is influencing the population to not have children — this will be our downfall. In our quest for success the option of having children is changing from necessity to bothersome.
We all come from a family or household. Imagine if your parents had decided the cost of children was not worth it. You would not exist. The fertility rate in order to replace the current population is 2.1. Today the replacement rate globally is 2.33; conversely, we were at a 4.95 replacement rate in the 1950s. Continuing this trend will eliminate our population.
We may believe that we are being more economically thoughtful of our world by not having children — truthfully, we will never feel ready for something as expensive, exhausting and incredible as parenthood. The upcoming leaders of our world come from this younger generation. Children are the future — but who will be the future once our future becomes the past?
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the federal...
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize...
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in religious...
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Letter: Could Draper shine, too?
- Letter: First-class prison
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 30
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 21
- Letter: Pay for your share 21
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21