PLEASANT GROVE — A small dog in Pleasant Grove is being called a hero after she helped keep her neighbor's house from burning down.
Julia Timothy's little Shih Tzu, Halia, rarely barks at night, but at 3 a.m. Monday she wouldn't stop barking and growling. At first Timothy yelled at her dog to be quite, but Halia kept barking.
"I sat up and saw some red flickering lights on the wall. I was a little confused at what it was, so I got up and looked out the blinds and saw the house fire."
Her neighbor's garage, near 4900 South and 360 East, was on fire. She called 911, reported the fire and then ran next door.
Read the full story of Barking Shih Tzu wakes owner to fire; hailed as hero, on KSL.com
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16