PLEASANT GROVE — A small dog in Pleasant Grove is being called a hero after she helped keep her neighbor's house from burning down.
Julia Timothy's little Shih Tzu, Halia, rarely barks at night, but at 3 a.m. Monday she wouldn't stop barking and growling. At first Timothy yelled at her dog to be quite, but Halia kept barking.
"I sat up and saw some red flickering lights on the wall. I was a little confused at what it was, so I got up and looked out the blinds and saw the house fire."
Her neighbor's garage, near 4900 South and 360 East, was on fire. She called 911, reported the fire and then ran next door.
Read the full story of Barking Shih Tzu wakes owner to fire; hailed as hero, on KSL.com
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 71
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 51
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 28
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14