PLEASANT GROVE — A small dog in Pleasant Grove is being called a hero after she helped keep her neighbor's house from burning down.
Julia Timothy's little Shih Tzu, Halia, rarely barks at night, but at 3 a.m. Monday she wouldn't stop barking and growling. At first Timothy yelled at her dog to be quite, but Halia kept barking.
"I sat up and saw some red flickering lights on the wall. I was a little confused at what it was, so I got up and looked out the blinds and saw the house fire."
Her neighbor's garage, near 4900 South and 360 East, was on fire. She called 911, reported the fire and then ran next door.
Read the full story of Barking Shih Tzu wakes owner to fire; hailed as hero, on KSL.com
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Women innovators leading by example
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 32
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 10
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps... 9