PLEASANT GROVE — A small dog in Pleasant Grove is being called a hero after she helped keep her neighbor's house from burning down.
Julia Timothy's little Shih Tzu, Halia, rarely barks at night, but at 3 a.m. Monday she wouldn't stop barking and growling. At first Timothy yelled at her dog to be quite, but Halia kept barking.
"I sat up and saw some red flickering lights on the wall. I was a little confused at what it was, so I got up and looked out the blinds and saw the house fire."
Her neighbor's garage, near 4900 South and 360 East, was on fire. She called 911, reported the fire and then ran next door.
Read the full story of Barking Shih Tzu wakes owner to fire; hailed as hero, on KSL.com
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 11