PLEASANT GROVE — A small dog in Pleasant Grove is being called a hero after she helped keep her neighbor's house from burning down.
Julia Timothy's little Shih Tzu, Halia, rarely barks at night, but at 3 a.m. Monday she wouldn't stop barking and growling. At first Timothy yelled at her dog to be quite, but Halia kept barking.
"I sat up and saw some red flickering lights on the wall. I was a little confused at what it was, so I got up and looked out the blinds and saw the house fire."
Her neighbor's garage, near 4900 South and 360 East, was on fire. She called 911, reported the fire and then ran next door.
Read the full story of Barking Shih Tzu wakes owner to fire; hailed as hero, on KSL.com
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11