PLEASANT GROVE — A small dog in Pleasant Grove is being called a hero after she helped keep her neighbor's house from burning down.
Julia Timothy's little Shih Tzu, Halia, rarely barks at night, but at 3 a.m. Monday she wouldn't stop barking and growling. At first Timothy yelled at her dog to be quite, but Halia kept barking.
"I sat up and saw some red flickering lights on the wall. I was a little confused at what it was, so I got up and looked out the blinds and saw the house fire."
Her neighbor's garage, near 4900 South and 360 East, was on fire. She called 911, reported the fire and then ran next door.
Read the full story of Barking Shih Tzu wakes owner to fire; hailed as hero, on KSL.com
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Students test interactive experiences ahead...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 78
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 14