PLEASANT GROVE — A small dog in Pleasant Grove is being called a hero after she helped keep her neighbor's house from burning down.
Julia Timothy's little Shih Tzu, Halia, rarely barks at night, but at 3 a.m. Monday she wouldn't stop barking and growling. At first Timothy yelled at her dog to be quite, but Halia kept barking.
"I sat up and saw some red flickering lights on the wall. I was a little confused at what it was, so I got up and looked out the blinds and saw the house fire."
Her neighbor's garage, near 4900 South and 360 East, was on fire. She called 911, reported the fire and then ran next door.
Read the full story of Barking Shih Tzu wakes owner to fire; hailed as hero, on KSL.com
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 78
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 36
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 27
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18