PLEASANT GROVE — A small dog in Pleasant Grove is being called a hero after she helped keep her neighbor's house from burning down.
Julia Timothy's little Shih Tzu, Halia, rarely barks at night, but at 3 a.m. Monday she wouldn't stop barking and growling. At first Timothy yelled at her dog to be quite, but Halia kept barking.
"I sat up and saw some red flickering lights on the wall. I was a little confused at what it was, so I got up and looked out the blinds and saw the house fire."
Her neighbor's garage, near 4900 South and 360 East, was on fire. She called 911, reported the fire and then ran next door.
Read the full story of Barking Shih Tzu wakes owner to fire; hailed as hero, on KSL.com
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Investigation underway after man's body found...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12