PLEASANT GROVE — A small dog in Pleasant Grove is being called a hero after she helped keep her neighbor's house from burning down.
Julia Timothy's little Shih Tzu, Halia, rarely barks at night, but at 3 a.m. Monday she wouldn't stop barking and growling. At first Timothy yelled at her dog to be quite, but Halia kept barking.
"I sat up and saw some red flickering lights on the wall. I was a little confused at what it was, so I got up and looked out the blinds and saw the house fire."
Her neighbor's garage, near 4900 South and 360 East, was on fire. She called 911, reported the fire and then ran next door.
Read the full story of Barking Shih Tzu wakes owner to fire; hailed as hero, on KSL.com
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Judge orders girl to stand trial for...
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- Top Ten Spring Activities for Utah Families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 104
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 76
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 61
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 43
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24