PLEASANT GROVE — A small dog in Pleasant Grove is being called a hero after she helped keep her neighbor's house from burning down.
Julia Timothy's little Shih Tzu, Halia, rarely barks at night, but at 3 a.m. Monday she wouldn't stop barking and growling. At first Timothy yelled at her dog to be quite, but Halia kept barking.
"I sat up and saw some red flickering lights on the wall. I was a little confused at what it was, so I got up and looked out the blinds and saw the house fire."
Her neighbor's garage, near 4900 South and 360 East, was on fire. She called 911, reported the fire and then ran next door.
Read the full story of Barking Shih Tzu wakes owner to fire; hailed as hero, on KSL.com
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Psychologist calls doctor accused of killing...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Man's decision to stop his life support led...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 61
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 44
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers... 18
- LDS missionary 'stable' following... 16
- Attorney General John Swallow says he's... 16