PLEASANT GROVE — A small dog in Pleasant Grove is being called a hero after she helped keep her neighbor's house from burning down.
Julia Timothy's little Shih Tzu, Halia, rarely barks at night, but at 3 a.m. Monday she wouldn't stop barking and growling. At first Timothy yelled at her dog to be quite, but Halia kept barking.
"I sat up and saw some red flickering lights on the wall. I was a little confused at what it was, so I got up and looked out the blinds and saw the house fire."
Her neighbor's garage, near 4900 South and 360 East, was on fire. She called 911, reported the fire and then ran next door.
Read the full story of Barking Shih Tzu wakes owner to fire; hailed as hero, on KSL.com
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Police seek your help finding man, woman in...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 131
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Rally in support of police also draws... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 21
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9