PLEASANT GROVE — A small dog in Pleasant Grove is being called a hero after she helped keep her neighbor's house from burning down.
Julia Timothy's little Shih Tzu, Halia, rarely barks at night, but at 3 a.m. Monday she wouldn't stop barking and growling. At first Timothy yelled at her dog to be quite, but Halia kept barking.
"I sat up and saw some red flickering lights on the wall. I was a little confused at what it was, so I got up and looked out the blinds and saw the house fire."
Her neighbor's garage, near 4900 South and 360 East, was on fire. She called 911, reported the fire and then ran next door.
Read the full story of Barking Shih Tzu wakes owner to fire; hailed as hero, on KSL.com
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 16
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 14
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 12
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11