Butch Jones denied he has agreed to become the football coach at the University of Colorado.
In a text message to The Associated Press on Wednesday night, Jones called a report that he's accepted the position "absolutely false."
The University of Cincinnati coach has been weighing his options since meeting with athletic director Mike Bohn and other Colorado officials on Monday. Asked about the hiring, Bohn responded in a text that "our process is not complete."
CAL HIRES LA. TECH COACH: California hired Louisiana Tech coach Sonny Dykes on Wednesday to take over for the fired Jeff Tedford. Dykes had a 22-15 record with the Bulldogs, averaging 35.9 points and 452.5 yards per game in his tenure.
FIU FIRES COACH: Mario Cristobal took over a winless team at Florida International and wound up leading the Panthers to consecutive bowl appearances. The Panthers fired Cristobal on Wednesday, a somewhat surprising move that came nearly two weeks after FIU finished an injury-filled season with a 3-9 record.
TE'O NAMED TOP LINEBACKER: Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o won the Lombardi Award on Wednesday as college football's best lineman or linebacker. Te'o had 103 tackles and seven interceptions this year.
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22