Butch Jones denied he has agreed to become the football coach at the University of Colorado.
In a text message to The Associated Press on Wednesday night, Jones called a report that he's accepted the position "absolutely false."
The University of Cincinnati coach has been weighing his options since meeting with athletic director Mike Bohn and other Colorado officials on Monday. Asked about the hiring, Bohn responded in a text that "our process is not complete."
CAL HIRES LA. TECH COACH: California hired Louisiana Tech coach Sonny Dykes on Wednesday to take over for the fired Jeff Tedford. Dykes had a 22-15 record with the Bulldogs, averaging 35.9 points and 452.5 yards per game in his tenure.
FIU FIRES COACH: Mario Cristobal took over a winless team at Florida International and wound up leading the Panthers to consecutive bowl appearances. The Panthers fired Cristobal on Wednesday, a somewhat surprising move that came nearly two weeks after FIU finished an injury-filled season with a 3-9 record.
TE'O NAMED TOP LINEBACKER: Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o won the Lombardi Award on Wednesday as college football's best lineman or linebacker. Te'o had 103 tackles and seven interceptions this year.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 282
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 74
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 35