Butch Jones denied he has agreed to become the football coach at the University of Colorado.
In a text message to The Associated Press on Wednesday night, Jones called a report that he's accepted the position "absolutely false."
The University of Cincinnati coach has been weighing his options since meeting with athletic director Mike Bohn and other Colorado officials on Monday. Asked about the hiring, Bohn responded in a text that "our process is not complete."
CAL HIRES LA. TECH COACH: California hired Louisiana Tech coach Sonny Dykes on Wednesday to take over for the fired Jeff Tedford. Dykes had a 22-15 record with the Bulldogs, averaging 35.9 points and 452.5 yards per game in his tenure.
FIU FIRES COACH: Mario Cristobal took over a winless team at Florida International and wound up leading the Panthers to consecutive bowl appearances. The Panthers fired Cristobal on Wednesday, a somewhat surprising move that came nearly two weeks after FIU finished an injury-filled season with a 3-9 record.
TE'O NAMED TOP LINEBACKER: Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o won the Lombardi Award on Wednesday as college football's best lineman or linebacker. Te'o had 103 tackles and seven interceptions this year.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20