Butch Jones denied he has agreed to become the football coach at the University of Colorado.
In a text message to The Associated Press on Wednesday night, Jones called a report that he's accepted the position "absolutely false."
The University of Cincinnati coach has been weighing his options since meeting with athletic director Mike Bohn and other Colorado officials on Monday. Asked about the hiring, Bohn responded in a text that "our process is not complete."
CAL HIRES LA. TECH COACH: California hired Louisiana Tech coach Sonny Dykes on Wednesday to take over for the fired Jeff Tedford. Dykes had a 22-15 record with the Bulldogs, averaging 35.9 points and 452.5 yards per game in his tenure.
FIU FIRES COACH: Mario Cristobal took over a winless team at Florida International and wound up leading the Panthers to consecutive bowl appearances. The Panthers fired Cristobal on Wednesday, a somewhat surprising move that came nearly two weeks after FIU finished an injury-filled season with a 3-9 record.
TE'O NAMED TOP LINEBACKER: Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o won the Lombardi Award on Wednesday as college football's best lineman or linebacker. Te'o had 103 tackles and seven interceptions this year.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20