Mike MAPLE, AP
Robert Neale solved the unemployment puzzle ("Solving unemployment" Dec. 3).
Let's scrutinize the unintended consequences as we pretend to implement "all we have to do" to reach full employment.
Congress drafts every unemployed person who needs and wants a job. No one admits to wanting a job because the pay is less than entitlement benefits. The president orders the new Total Employment Program added into the new Total Health Care Program, thus making it mandatory.
Ignoring the no involuntary servitude clause in the Constitution, all housewives and children are drafted, regardless of pre-existing conditions. Every business already has all the employees it can afford, so Congress imposes the new flat tax on all businesses. Employers organize an Employers Union and strike against the tax. Lacking work rules for the new workers pool, they all do nothing while collecting government pay.
The president issues an executive order folding all entitlement programs into one called the General Welfare System. The Federal Reserve refuses to lend the government any more money. Ultimate social justice; Total unemployment is achieved.
Byron Snow Gibbs
Salt Lake City
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the federal...
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in religious...
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah businesses...
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do we care?
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 37
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 30
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 27
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 21
- Letter: Pay for your share 21
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21