CYPRUS 35, FREMONT 30: Sophomore forward Talysa Swan didn't score a point, but her rebounding helped the Pirates edge 5A's Fremont. She finished with nine rebounds and had eight defensive deflections. Senior Abby Barrett led the team offensively with 14 points, while senior guard Marquessa Gilson added 12 points. Amanda Wayment led the Silver Wolves with 13 points.
BEAVER 43, SOUTH SEVIER 28: Hattie Snyder recorded 22 points and the Beaver defense held South Sevier to just six points in the first half.
WENDOVER 41, INTERMOUNTAIN CHRISTIAN 40: Jennifer Eyre scored a game-high 23 points, including four 3-pointers, but ICS failed to convert the second end of a 1-and-1 situation in the final seconds of the game.
SYRACUSE 64, LONE PEAK 49: Four different players scored in double digits for the Titans, including 15-point nights from Jayda Bovero and Logan Harker, as Syracuse used a big fourth quarter to pull away.
MOUNTAIN VIEW 56, WOODS CROSS 43: Jessica Raab had 20 points as the Bruins pulled away in the second half.
VIEWMONT 62, WEST JORDAN 50: Viewmont's first half efforts continued throughout the second halft defeating West Jordan at home. Caitlyn Larsen and Katie Toole combined for 42 points and three 3-pointers.
BRIGHTON 54, TAYLORSVILLE 35: Maddy Chin led all scorers with 17 points and Lindsey Johnson added 16 with two 3-pointers to lead the Bengals. Abi Black and Karlee Jensen scored 12 points and eight points, respectively, for Taylorsville in the loss.
COPPER HILLS 64, NORTHRIDGE 50: Yarima Gutierrez and Cassandra Leto scored 16 points each and Sarah Bidgley added 14 more to lead the Grizzlies in the home victory. Sydnee Acord scored 16 points for Northridge in the loss.
BINGHAM 54, KEARNS 34: Jillian Powell led 10 Bingham scorers with 11 points, and the Miners marched to the double-digit victory after holding Kearns to single digit scores in the first three quarters.
RIVERTON 47, BOUNTIFUL 45: Whitney Saunders scored 16 points for Riverton in the tight victory over the Braves. Tiana Dougher and Ashley Eyring scored 13 points apiece and combined for four 3-pointers for Bountiful in the loss.
MILFORD 65, MILLARD 47: Kennedy Netto scored a game-best 25 points and hit three 3-pointers as Milford remained perfect on the season.
JUDGE MEMORIAL 63, TOOELE 39: Adanna Foley, Emily Smith and Kailie Quinn each knocked down two 3-pointers, and Quinn totaled 31 points, as the Bulldogs used a big first quarter to cruise to the road victory.
GRAND 44, PINNACLE 20: Sophomore Brook Schultz led the Red Devils with 18 points as Grand doubled-up Pinnacle in the home victory.
ROWLAND HALL 47, WASATCH ACADEMY 12: Eleven different players scored for Rowland Hall as it easily took care of business against winless Wasatch Academy.
- Mormon coaches and callings: How they balance...
- Football legend Brett Favre drops in on Alta...
- Final preseason breakdown of BYU, Utah and...
- BYU AD Tom Holmoe says Cougars should hear...
- Peavler: Final preseason breakdown of BYU,...
- BYU football: Cougars agree to home-and-home...
- Amy Donaldson: Critics of the ALS Ice Bucket...
- BYU offensive line coming together in time...
- College football: BYU, Utah State... 145
- Travis Wilson edges out Kendal Thompson... 106
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 95
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU... 75
- BYU football: Cougars agree to... 60
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will... 46
- Peavler: Final preseason breakdown of... 29
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah players take blame... 24