Utah Utes football: Star Lotulelei and Reggie Dunn named first-team All-Americans
David Zalubowski, AP
Utah defensive tackle Star Lotulelei and kick returner Reggie Dunn have been named first-team All-Americans by Athlon Sports, the college football publication announced today. It is the second honor in two days for Dunn, who Monday was named a first-team All-America kick returner by CBSsports.com.
Despite facing double or triple-teams on virtually every play this season, the 6-foot-4, 320-pound Lotulelei finished with 42 tackles, including a team-high 11 tackles for loss and 5.0 sacks. The senior also had four pass breakups, four fumble recoveries and three forced fumbles. He leads the Pac-12 and is tied for second in the nation in fumble recoveries (4).
Dunn's 51.3 kickoff return average would easily lead the nation had he enough returns to meet the NCAA minimum of 1.2 returns per game. But Dunn made the most of his 10 chances—setting an NCAA single-season record with four 100-yard kickoff returns for touchdowns. He also set the NCAA standard for career 100-yard kickoff returns (5), single-game 100-yard kickoff returns (2) and kick return average in a game (74.0). He tied the NCAA record for kick return touchdowns in a game from any distance (2).
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24