Utah Utes football: Star Lotulelei and Reggie Dunn named first-team All-Americans
David Zalubowski, AP
Utah defensive tackle Star Lotulelei and kick returner Reggie Dunn have been named first-team All-Americans by Athlon Sports, the college football publication announced today. It is the second honor in two days for Dunn, who Monday was named a first-team All-America kick returner by CBSsports.com.
Despite facing double or triple-teams on virtually every play this season, the 6-foot-4, 320-pound Lotulelei finished with 42 tackles, including a team-high 11 tackles for loss and 5.0 sacks. The senior also had four pass breakups, four fumble recoveries and three forced fumbles. He leads the Pac-12 and is tied for second in the nation in fumble recoveries (4).
Dunn's 51.3 kickoff return average would easily lead the nation had he enough returns to meet the NCAA minimum of 1.2 returns per game. But Dunn made the most of his 10 chances—setting an NCAA single-season record with four 100-yard kickoff returns for touchdowns. He also set the NCAA standard for career 100-yard kickoff returns (5), single-game 100-yard kickoff returns (2) and kick return average in a game (74.0). He tied the NCAA record for kick return touchdowns in a game from any distance (2).
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45