Photo gallery: Memorial installed to honor missing Utah mom Susan Powell and 2 children
A new memorial is honoring missing Susan Powell of West Valley City and her two children.
Crews worked to install the memorial Monday, including a granite base topped with an angel. The site at Woodbine Cemetery in Puyallup, Wash., invites people to gather in vigil each year on Dec 6, which is the day Powell disappeared in 2009. The memorial is dedicated as a place of healing for all people who have suffered the loss of a child.
Susan Powell's husband killed the couple's two young children, Charlie and Braden, earlier this year. Josh Powell also died in the fire he set at the home he was renting amid the investigation into his wife's disappearance.
Donations to Crime Stoppers paid for the memorial.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 29
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15