Photo gallery: Memorial installed to honor missing Utah mom Susan Powell and 2 children
A new memorial is honoring missing Susan Powell of West Valley City and her two children.
Crews worked to install the memorial Monday, including a granite base topped with an angel. The site at Woodbine Cemetery in Puyallup, Wash., invites people to gather in vigil each year on Dec 6, which is the day Powell disappeared in 2009. The memorial is dedicated as a place of healing for all people who have suffered the loss of a child.
Susan Powell's husband killed the couple's two young children, Charlie and Braden, earlier this year. Josh Powell also died in the fire he set at the home he was renting amid the investigation into his wife's disappearance.
Donations to Crime Stoppers paid for the memorial.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Herbert signs bills for Fairpark arena funds,...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 23
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14