Photo gallery: Memorial installed to honor missing Utah mom Susan Powell and 2 children
A new memorial is honoring missing Susan Powell of West Valley City and her two children.
Crews worked to install the memorial Monday, including a granite base topped with an angel. The site at Woodbine Cemetery in Puyallup, Wash., invites people to gather in vigil each year on Dec 6, which is the day Powell disappeared in 2009. The memorial is dedicated as a place of healing for all people who have suffered the loss of a child.
Susan Powell's husband killed the couple's two young children, Charlie and Braden, earlier this year. Josh Powell also died in the fire he set at the home he was renting amid the investigation into his wife's disappearance.
Donations to Crime Stoppers paid for the memorial.
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- 'One drink, one time': New research shows...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 49
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 33
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 17
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15
- Bishop, Chaffetz say EPA knew spill... 15
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 15