Photo gallery: Memorial installed to honor missing Utah mom Susan Powell and 2 children
A new memorial is honoring missing Susan Powell of West Valley City and her two children.
Crews worked to install the memorial Monday, including a granite base topped with an angel. The site at Woodbine Cemetery in Puyallup, Wash., invites people to gather in vigil each year on Dec 6, which is the day Powell disappeared in 2009. The memorial is dedicated as a place of healing for all people who have suffered the loss of a child.
Susan Powell's husband killed the couple's two young children, Charlie and Braden, earlier this year. Josh Powell also died in the fire he set at the home he was renting amid the investigation into his wife's disappearance.
Donations to Crime Stoppers paid for the memorial.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Women innovators leading by example
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 32
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 10
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps... 9