Photo gallery: Memorial installed to honor missing Utah mom Susan Powell and 2 children
A new memorial is honoring missing Susan Powell of West Valley City and her two children.
Crews worked to install the memorial Monday, including a granite base topped with an angel. The site at Woodbine Cemetery in Puyallup, Wash., invites people to gather in vigil each year on Dec 6, which is the day Powell disappeared in 2009. The memorial is dedicated as a place of healing for all people who have suffered the loss of a child.
Susan Powell's husband killed the couple's two young children, Charlie and Braden, earlier this year. Josh Powell also died in the fire he set at the home he was renting amid the investigation into his wife's disappearance.
Donations to Crime Stoppers paid for the memorial.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Man rams truck into police station, assaults...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 13
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12