SALT LAKE CITY — University of Utah officials will honor the legacy of Rick Majerus by hanging a replica of his trademark white sweater from the rafters at the basketball arena where he coached 14 seasons and regularly led the Utes to the NCAA tournament.
Utah athletic director Chris Hill says there will be a moment of silence at Utah's next game and players will wear black patches in honor of a man he called a "basketball savant.' The 64-year-old Majerus died Saturday in Los Angeles while awaiting a heart transplant.
Hill made the announcement Monday on campus.
Majerus had been invited back previously to be inducted into Utah's Hall of Fame. The induction is still planned.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 42
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 37
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26