Youth football coach John Sudbury to retire after 40 years; open house planned
MAGNA — Longtime Ute Conference football coach John Sudbury has announced his retirement after 40 years of service.
The Cyprus District will hold an open house on Saturday at the Webster Center in Magna, 8950 W. 2700 S., from 5-7 p.m. All former players and coaches are invited to attend.
"Suds" is also a popular figure at Jazz games, having had seats close to the court since the team arrived in Utah.
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- 2014 NBA draft tracker: An ongoing look at...
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- BYU basketball: Cougars face No. 21 UMass in...
- High school boys basketball: Underdogs shine...
- Utah Jazz: Banner day coming for Jerry Sloan
- High school sports: Thursday's prep roundup
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 102
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 57
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 53
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 46
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 44