Former BYU golfer Dean Wilson and Richfield native Dusty Fielding will need to go awfully low in the final round of the PGA Tour Qualifying Tournament today to have any chance of earning their PGA cards for next year.
Heading into the final round of the six-day 108-hole tournament at the PGA West Course in LaQuinta, Calif., Fielding stands in a tie for 74th place at 9-under-par 351, while Wilson, a nine-year PGA Tour veteran, who lost his card last year, is tied for 98th place at 354.
Only the top 25 players and ties will receive PGA Tour cards for 2013. The next nearest-number-to-50 will earn fully exempt Web.com Tour cards for the first 10 events in 2013, and the remainder of the 172-man field will receive conditional Web.com Tour status.
Steven Bowditch leads the tourney at 23-under-par 337, a stroke ahead of Kris Blanks. The 25th spot is at 15-under, meaning it will be very tough for Fielding or Wilson to crack the Top 25, although both have a reasonable chance of making the Web.com Tour.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21