Ravell Call, Deseret News
"It was a unique experience, I'll tell you that, and I loved every minute of it. A lot of people questioned the way he did things, but I loved it. He'd be hard as (heck) on you, but he really cared."
— St. Louis guard Kyle Cassity via Associated Press
"He could be very demanding. He could be at times crude. But ultimately the vast majority of his players loved Rick because he got the most out of them. They had a lot of guys that were academic all-conference, academic all-Americans under him and guys ultimately got the most out of their potential."
— Former New Mexico coach Fran Fraschilla via ESPN
"It's a sad day for college basketball. Certainly one of the great college basketball coaches. He took talent where they were most effective. When you went up against Coach Majerus and you won you knew you did something special."
— UNLV coach Dave Rice via Associated Press
JAY BILAS, @JayBilas: "RIP Rick Majerus. Too soon. Rick loved the game.. Not just what he got from the game, or who was in the game. He just loved the game."
CHRIS BURGESS, @chrisburgess34: "Coach Rick Majerus. Thanks for everything you've done in my life. This is a sad day. May you RIP."
SETH DAVIS, @SethDavisHoops: "Like all of you I'm very sorry to hear about Rick Majerus. Truly a special man & character. Literally larger than life, gone to a better place."
PAT FORDE, @YahooForde: "Very sad to hear of the passing of Rick Majerus. I loved covering him and getting to know him. Huge loss to basketball, to say the least."
JOSH GRANT, @UteJosh5: "Coach Majerus, you did great things for us. Thanks for the great ride! Rest in peace."
ANDY KATZ, @ESPNAndyKatz: "I am terribly saddened with the loss of my friend Rick Majerus. Rick helped a young scribe network, learn more about hoops. I am deeply sad."
DAVID LOCKE, @Lockedonsports: "Rick Majerus might be the best basketball coach I have ever seen — the final four run in 1998 was truly remarkable."
DICK VITALE, @DickieV: "So sad to hear about the passing of former ESPN colleague and one helluva coach Rick Majerus. He will be missed by many. May he RIP."
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25