Ravell Call, Deseret News
"It was a unique experience, I'll tell you that, and I loved every minute of it. A lot of people questioned the way he did things, but I loved it. He'd be hard as (heck) on you, but he really cared."
— St. Louis guard Kyle Cassity via Associated Press
"He could be very demanding. He could be at times crude. But ultimately the vast majority of his players loved Rick because he got the most out of them. They had a lot of guys that were academic all-conference, academic all-Americans under him and guys ultimately got the most out of their potential."
— Former New Mexico coach Fran Fraschilla via ESPN
"It's a sad day for college basketball. Certainly one of the great college basketball coaches. He took talent where they were most effective. When you went up against Coach Majerus and you won you knew you did something special."
— UNLV coach Dave Rice via Associated Press
JAY BILAS, @JayBilas: "RIP Rick Majerus. Too soon. Rick loved the game.. Not just what he got from the game, or who was in the game. He just loved the game."
CHRIS BURGESS, @chrisburgess34: "Coach Rick Majerus. Thanks for everything you've done in my life. This is a sad day. May you RIP."
SETH DAVIS, @SethDavisHoops: "Like all of you I'm very sorry to hear about Rick Majerus. Truly a special man & character. Literally larger than life, gone to a better place."
PAT FORDE, @YahooForde: "Very sad to hear of the passing of Rick Majerus. I loved covering him and getting to know him. Huge loss to basketball, to say the least."
JOSH GRANT, @UteJosh5: "Coach Majerus, you did great things for us. Thanks for the great ride! Rest in peace."
ANDY KATZ, @ESPNAndyKatz: "I am terribly saddened with the loss of my friend Rick Majerus. Rick helped a young scribe network, learn more about hoops. I am deeply sad."
DAVID LOCKE, @Lockedonsports: "Rick Majerus might be the best basketball coach I have ever seen — the final four run in 1998 was truly remarkable."
DICK VITALE, @DickieV: "So sad to hear about the passing of former ESPN colleague and one helluva coach Rick Majerus. He will be missed by many. May he RIP."
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU players work out at Pro Day in hopes of...
- Former Duke and Utah player Chris Burgess...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in spite...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 96
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- It's Coach K vs. Coach K as Utah... 22
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 19