Politicians have always used mudslinging as a tactic to shame their opponents, as shown by Barrack Obama and Mitt Romney. It seems that politicians care more about gaining supporters than they do about the needs of the people of this country.
I am surprised at the lack of critical thinking being done by the American people; we are taking everything the politicians are saying about one another as concrete truth rather than analyzing the information and making smart educated decisions and forming our own opinions about what to believe.
The American people have completely lost their ability to think critically about what is being said between the two parties and are focused only on "converting" everyone they possibly can to their political party, whether it is through face-to-face communication, social networking sites, the Internet in general, text messages, mail or any way that they can get their political party's views across.
All of us need to listen to the information being presented to us with an open mind and leave our political biases out, and allow ourselves to think critically about the information. And could we once and for all put an end to the mudslinging between parties?
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- Letter: Envision Utah scam
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 69
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 45
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 44
- Letter: Human body 41
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 40
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 33
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 23