Our take: Yearly Americans throw away about $165 billion in food purchased, according to an article by Matt McGrath, environment correspondent for BBC News. However, Microzap, an American company has created bread that will last past the typical 10-day mark. McGrath explains how in his article:
"An American company has developed a technique that it says can make bread stay mold-free for 60 days.
The bread is zapped in a sophisticated microwave array which kills the spores that cause the problem.
The company claims it could significantly reduce the amount of wasted bread in the UK alone, almost a third of loaves purchased."
- Ex-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Ben Barnes, Katherine Heigl in tune in...
- Living with Children: Late nights, not school...
- 32 teens escape from Nashville detention center
- Saudi king says terrorists will reach Europe...
- Video purports to show second beheading of US...
- AP Analysis: Putin digs in for long Ukraine...
- Lawmakers: Islamic State groups wants to hit US
- Ex-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 92
- Lawmakers: Islamic State groups wants... 23
- House, Senate intel chiefs press White... 17
- Saudi king says terrorists will reach... 13
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 12
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- US judge blocks enforcement of new... 10
- Mexico authorities stage midnight... 7