House of warmth: Frank Lloyd Wright's vision flows through Fallingwater
Countree Cupboard & Christmas Shop and Downer House Antique Mall: Browse away the afternoon, especially hunting for vintage dishes and glassware. (2958 National Pike (Route 40), Chalk Hill; www.thechristmasshop-chalkhill.com; 724-439-6500)
Old General Store: Look for locally made chocolates, preserves, vinegars and syrup. (3822 Pa- 31 in Donegal or 240 Countryside Plaza, Route 819 South, Mt. Pleasant; www.oldgeneralstore.com; 724-593-7105)
Ohiopyle State Park: Just three miles from Fallingwater, this pretty state park has big waterfalls, bicycling on the Great Allegheny Passage trail, hiking, ziplining and major whitewater rafting along the Youghiogheny River. (www.dcnr.state.pa.us; 724-329-8591)
More Wright stuff: Kentuck Knob, another Wright-designed house, is only about 6 miles from Fallingwater; open for tours (www.kentuckknob.com; 724-329-1901)
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Actor Paul Walker dies in car crash; was...
- Daughter shares 5 lessons she hopes her...
- 2013 day-by-day holiday TV guide
- Utah Jazz players, dancers, Bear visit...
- Pentatonix shares 'magical' a cappella...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How to unspoil your kids
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Hate to eat and run, but I'm going... 12
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 7
- Couple money woes: When one partner is... 5
- Alpine woman is a dessert contest,... 5
- Frugal millennials leading way in... 5
- Many children cannot run as fast as... 5
- More Americans say doctors should 'do... 4