If Mitt Romney personally reaches out to unbound electors in blue states, I believe he could get 64 additional Electoral College votes and he would be the president-elect on Dec. 17.
Each elector should seriously consider the outcome of the Benghazi hearings. They must weigh the morale of the men and women in uniform under a commander in chief who may not send additional support when they are under attack or even ask them to stand down when backup support is requested.
The founders of the Constitution gave us the Electoral College because just like this year's election, they "doubted the capacity of the people to evaluate talented and capable leaders beyond the borders of their own states."
We need a grassroots effort to educate each elector on the reasons Mitt Romney should be our next president. They must look beyond political party and vote as Americans.
All concerned citizens can reach out and ask these electors to vote for Mitt Romney on Dec. 17. This is a call to action.
Daniel G. Smith
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- In our opinion: Use market forces and not...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- John Florez: Utah leaders lack confidence,...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 63
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 57
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 56
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 44
- Letter: Breeding hate 40