If Mitt Romney personally reaches out to unbound electors in blue states, I believe he could get 64 additional Electoral College votes and he would be the president-elect on Dec. 17.
Each elector should seriously consider the outcome of the Benghazi hearings. They must weigh the morale of the men and women in uniform under a commander in chief who may not send additional support when they are under attack or even ask them to stand down when backup support is requested.
The founders of the Constitution gave us the Electoral College because just like this year's election, they "doubted the capacity of the people to evaluate talented and capable leaders beyond the borders of their own states."
We need a grassroots effort to educate each elector on the reasons Mitt Romney should be our next president. They must look beyond political party and vote as Americans.
All concerned citizens can reach out and ask these electors to vote for Mitt Romney on Dec. 17. This is a call to action.
Daniel G. Smith
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do better...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core just...
- Lois M. Collins: School start times are...
- In our opinion: Recent Napa Valley earthquake...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Same-sex...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 81
- Letter: Police brutality 60
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 46
- Whitt Flora: It's time to put U.S.... 35
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 32
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 28
- Michael Gerson: Too detached to lead?... 25
- In our opinion: To be vigilant,... 23