Maya Alleruzzo, AP
To get the attention of President Mohammed Morsi, some congress members are saying we should threaten to cut off foreign aid to Egypt after Morsi's outrageous power grab.
No, we shouldn't "threaten" to stop foreign aid to Egypt — we should discontinue it completely and permanently. In fact, we must stop all foreign aid everywhere, and it should be done immediately. We can't afford to be giving away money when we are bankrupt in the U.S. already.
We have $16.2 trillion of debt and we are going further into debt by almost $4 billion per day. Every dollar of foreign aid is borrowed money and it is insane that we are giving away money we don't even have — and giving it largely to people that hate us and are fighting against us.
What is Congress thinking?
Every rational American should call on their congress members and senators to discontinue this nonsense.
How can we watch our nation go broke needlessly and not do something about it?
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- In our opinion: Most Americans struggling to...
- Join the discussion: Is bipartisanship making...
- Letter: Irreparable damage
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 78
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- Letter: Utah's birthright 46
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Letter: Irreparable damage 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37
- Letter: Protected lands 36