Maya Alleruzzo, AP
To get the attention of President Mohammed Morsi, some congress members are saying we should threaten to cut off foreign aid to Egypt after Morsi's outrageous power grab.
No, we shouldn't "threaten" to stop foreign aid to Egypt — we should discontinue it completely and permanently. In fact, we must stop all foreign aid everywhere, and it should be done immediately. We can't afford to be giving away money when we are bankrupt in the U.S. already.
We have $16.2 trillion of debt and we are going further into debt by almost $4 billion per day. Every dollar of foreign aid is borrowed money and it is insane that we are giving away money we don't even have — and giving it largely to people that hate us and are fighting against us.
What is Congress thinking?
Every rational American should call on their congress members and senators to discontinue this nonsense.
How can we watch our nation go broke needlessly and not do something about it?
- White House press corps has been turned into...
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- George F. Will: Obama takes a page from...
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- Commentary claims liberals are shocked by...
- In our opinion: Sharing ideas across schools...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Letters: Bennett is right
- Letters: No welfare, ever 81
- Letters: Move to the center 37
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 34
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 29
- Letters: Dismantle IRS 25
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21