Maya Alleruzzo, AP
To get the attention of President Mohammed Morsi, some congress members are saying we should threaten to cut off foreign aid to Egypt after Morsi's outrageous power grab.
No, we shouldn't "threaten" to stop foreign aid to Egypt — we should discontinue it completely and permanently. In fact, we must stop all foreign aid everywhere, and it should be done immediately. We can't afford to be giving away money when we are bankrupt in the U.S. already.
We have $16.2 trillion of debt and we are going further into debt by almost $4 billion per day. Every dollar of foreign aid is borrowed money and it is insane that we are giving away money we don't even have — and giving it largely to people that hate us and are fighting against us.
What is Congress thinking?
Every rational American should call on their congress members and senators to discontinue this nonsense.
How can we watch our nation go broke needlessly and not do something about it?
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Becoming mentally...
- Involve Utahns in national monument designations
- Letter: Welfare reform
- Legitimate, productive businesses are...
- Perceptions of Obama and his policies at home...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 80
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 54
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Capitalism and the common good:... 45
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 39
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36