Maya Alleruzzo, AP
To get the attention of President Mohammed Morsi, some congress members are saying we should threaten to cut off foreign aid to Egypt after Morsi's outrageous power grab.
No, we shouldn't "threaten" to stop foreign aid to Egypt — we should discontinue it completely and permanently. In fact, we must stop all foreign aid everywhere, and it should be done immediately. We can't afford to be giving away money when we are bankrupt in the U.S. already.
We have $16.2 trillion of debt and we are going further into debt by almost $4 billion per day. Every dollar of foreign aid is borrowed money and it is insane that we are giving away money we don't even have — and giving it largely to people that hate us and are fighting against us.
What is Congress thinking?
Every rational American should call on their congress members and senators to discontinue this nonsense.
How can we watch our nation go broke needlessly and not do something about it?
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- In our opinion: Most Americans struggling to...
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- Letter: Irreparable damage
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Join the discussion: Is bipartisanship making...
- My view: Let's reserve costly prison beds for...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 75
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Letter: Utah's birthright 45
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Letter: Irreparable damage 40
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37
- Letter: Protected lands 36