Maya Alleruzzo, AP
To get the attention of President Mohammed Morsi, some congress members are saying we should threaten to cut off foreign aid to Egypt after Morsi's outrageous power grab.
No, we shouldn't "threaten" to stop foreign aid to Egypt — we should discontinue it completely and permanently. In fact, we must stop all foreign aid everywhere, and it should be done immediately. We can't afford to be giving away money when we are bankrupt in the U.S. already.
We have $16.2 trillion of debt and we are going further into debt by almost $4 billion per day. Every dollar of foreign aid is borrowed money and it is insane that we are giving away money we don't even have — and giving it largely to people that hate us and are fighting against us.
What is Congress thinking?
Every rational American should call on their congress members and senators to discontinue this nonsense.
How can we watch our nation go broke needlessly and not do something about it?
- Jay Evensen: Open wide and swallow your tax...
- In our opinion: SB296 bridges...
- George F. Will: IRS continues to act in...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Net neutrality could...
- Dan Liljenquist: Looking to the Supreme Court...
- Natalie Gochnour: The best of Utah...
- Letter: Political police work
- Letter: Why such controversy?
- Bob Bennett: Climate change question... 97
- Letter: Same stale air 48
- My view: Common Core tests erode... 41
- Letter: Mandated freedom 37
- In our opinion: SB296 bridges... 30
- In our opinion: Talking of tax reform... 28
- Letter: Who's against Healthy Utah? 28
- Dan Liljenquist: Looking to the Supreme... 28