Maya Alleruzzo, AP
To get the attention of President Mohammed Morsi, some congress members are saying we should threaten to cut off foreign aid to Egypt after Morsi's outrageous power grab.
No, we shouldn't "threaten" to stop foreign aid to Egypt — we should discontinue it completely and permanently. In fact, we must stop all foreign aid everywhere, and it should be done immediately. We can't afford to be giving away money when we are bankrupt in the U.S. already.
We have $16.2 trillion of debt and we are going further into debt by almost $4 billion per day. Every dollar of foreign aid is borrowed money and it is insane that we are giving away money we don't even have — and giving it largely to people that hate us and are fighting against us.
What is Congress thinking?
Every rational American should call on their congress members and senators to discontinue this nonsense.
How can we watch our nation go broke needlessly and not do something about it?
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do better...
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse tends to...
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core just...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- In our opinion: Park City's slippery slopes
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 47
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 42
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 41
- Whitt Flora: It's time to put U.S.... 35
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 29
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 28