Maya Alleruzzo, AP
To get the attention of President Mohammed Morsi, some congress members are saying we should threaten to cut off foreign aid to Egypt after Morsi's outrageous power grab.
No, we shouldn't "threaten" to stop foreign aid to Egypt — we should discontinue it completely and permanently. In fact, we must stop all foreign aid everywhere, and it should be done immediately. We can't afford to be giving away money when we are bankrupt in the U.S. already.
We have $16.2 trillion of debt and we are going further into debt by almost $4 billion per day. Every dollar of foreign aid is borrowed money and it is insane that we are giving away money we don't even have — and giving it largely to people that hate us and are fighting against us.
What is Congress thinking?
Every rational American should call on their congress members and senators to discontinue this nonsense.
How can we watch our nation go broke needlessly and not do something about it?
- In our opinion: Confronted by power, Christ...
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate debate
- Charles Krauthammer: In our politics, full...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: A compilation...
- Letter: Amnesty for who?
- Letter: Republican empathy too rare
- George F. Will: Regulatory overkill —...
- In our opinion: FDA must consider regulating...
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 47
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- Letter: Amnesty for who? 36
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate... 34
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 28
- In our opinion: In an entrepreneurial... 25