Maya Alleruzzo, AP
To get the attention of President Mohammed Morsi, some congress members are saying we should threaten to cut off foreign aid to Egypt after Morsi's outrageous power grab.
No, we shouldn't "threaten" to stop foreign aid to Egypt — we should discontinue it completely and permanently. In fact, we must stop all foreign aid everywhere, and it should be done immediately. We can't afford to be giving away money when we are bankrupt in the U.S. already.
We have $16.2 trillion of debt and we are going further into debt by almost $4 billion per day. Every dollar of foreign aid is borrowed money and it is insane that we are giving away money we don't even have — and giving it largely to people that hate us and are fighting against us.
What is Congress thinking?
Every rational American should call on their congress members and senators to discontinue this nonsense.
How can we watch our nation go broke needlessly and not do something about it?
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense Secretary Leon...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- John Hoffmire: What's the next step in the...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our frank...
- In our opinion: Where has the family values...
- In our opinion: School reformers should study...
- Letter: Uninformed candidate
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 114
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 85
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 49
- Dan Liljenquist: Ebola virus has... 29
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 28
- Charles Krauthammer: We need to... 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 24