Maya Alleruzzo, AP
To get the attention of President Mohammed Morsi, some congress members are saying we should threaten to cut off foreign aid to Egypt after Morsi's outrageous power grab.
No, we shouldn't "threaten" to stop foreign aid to Egypt — we should discontinue it completely and permanently. In fact, we must stop all foreign aid everywhere, and it should be done immediately. We can't afford to be giving away money when we are bankrupt in the U.S. already.
We have $16.2 trillion of debt and we are going further into debt by almost $4 billion per day. Every dollar of foreign aid is borrowed money and it is insane that we are giving away money we don't even have — and giving it largely to people that hate us and are fighting against us.
What is Congress thinking?
Every rational American should call on their congress members and senators to discontinue this nonsense.
How can we watch our nation go broke needlessly and not do something about it?
- About Utah: He's going public (again) for a...
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Long-term...
- John Hoffmire: The difficulty of measuring...
- My view: Climate change denial: Scientific...
- In our opinion: Federal Reserve Bank faces...
- Letter: Just one breadwinner
- In our opinion: Liberal arts vs STEM...
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 40
- John Hoffmire: The difficulty of... 37
- Letter: Next president? 36
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 34
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win... 28